NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Can't see sky being happy with how FFP is killing the transfer windows.. its destroying a product that brings them big viewing figures.

Aye, I think these changes in August might go further than was planned.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye, I think these changes in August might go further than was planned.

In which case, selling players for nominal fees now makes no sense. 

Can totally understand why they’d want to keep their powder dry until they know how the rules are going to look longer term.

41 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I can't really understand a 1 out CM in, when it's Wilson/Miggy going out. 

Its not paid off gambling not getting a 3rd striker in the summer, now joelinton isn't even available to cover if Isaks injured. If Wilson got sold we would still need a CM but also another striker. 

Just a hugely frustrating window so far.

IMG_7899.thumb.jpeg.43daf7f55fb10068dbd2460db7f7a291.jpeg

40 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I can't really understand a 1 out CM in, when it's Wilson/Miggy going out. 

Its not paid off gambling not getting a 3rd striker in the summer, now joelinton isn't even available to cover if Isaks injured. If Wilson got sold we would still need a CM but also another striker. 

While we have a little more cover for Miggy, it's also a losing situation. He is better than Murphy and shifting Gordon/Barnes there isn't great. All assuming those three stay fit. 

Just a hugely frustrating window so far.

Aye its not ideal no matter what we do, but we need a midfielder.

3 hours ago, Lazarus said:

So to sum up the transfer window...

No one can buy because they need to sell first for FFP compliance, but no one can sell because no ones buying.

Great [emoji38]

Everybody stays where everybody is and the inventors and peddlers of ffp sleep happily.

I think losing Miggy and only bringing in a CM is far better for the squad than letting Wilson leave and only bringing in a CM.

We've got more cover in wide areas than we do at ST. Tino and Hall can with play there if needed, plus Ritchie ofcourse. And it seems Diallo is making a good impression on Howe.

Equally, letting Lascelles leave and only bringing in a CM is also risky but atleast we do have 3 other CBs.

Wilson is certainly the biggest risk to allow to leave.

Either way, I can't see us having the time to bring in more than one player now, especially as no one has even left yet.

Don't think we are bringing anyone in, feels like we will wait until the summer and just hope we are still in touch with European places by the time we start getting a few players back from injury. That midfield is tragic though, and it's only got potential to get worse.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I think losing Miggy and only bringing in a CM is far better for the squad than letting Wilson leave and only bringing in a CM.

We've got more cover in wide areas than we do at ST. Tino and Hall can with play there if needed, plus Ritchie ofcourse. And it seems Diallo is making a good impression on Howe.

Equally, letting Lascelles leave and only bringing in a CM is also risky but atleast we do have 3 other CBs.

Wilson is certainly the biggest risk to allow to leave.

Either way, I can't see us having the time to bring in more than one player now, especially as no one has even left yet.

Wonder if we do see Travis Hernes sooner rather than later. Very highly thought of.

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Need 14 votes to change the rule, who ya got?

Did 14 clubs vote this through as a good idea then? I wasn’t sure if this was something outside of the clubs voting control? 

could any club table an alternative or amendment to the rules? I could see 14 clubs getting fed up quite quickly. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I've no idea why they are fixated on Duran.

Yeah he looks promising, but he's heavily rumoured to have pissed off Emery with his attitude, and every time he comes on he charges around like a bull in a china shop and looks like a red card waiting to happen.

It's really quite prepostorus that clubs aren't allowed to spend their own money. If they go bust, that's their problem, I don't see why we need the PL officials to stick their oar in.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Which is not the same thing as "by June", which means "this week".

This is just a rehash of the same story about you last week.

The annoyance in all of this FFP shit is that it basically just forces ambitious clubs to sell their best players to the six richest clubs, and in particular home grown ones.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's really quite prepostorus that clubs aren't allowed to spend their own money. If they go bust, that's their problem, I don't see why we need the PL officials to stick their oar in.

I do think having steps in place to protect clubs from going bust. But it's pretty clear now that that isn't what these rules are about anymore. Think the backlash they're starting to feel now is because it's even effecting the 'big' clubs that used to like it as it kept everyone in their place. 

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

Which is not the same thing as "by June", which means "this week".

This is just a rehash of the same story about you last week.

The annoyance in all of this FFP shit is that it basically just forces ambitious clubs to sell their best players to the six richest clubs, and in particular home grown ones.

Aye it's shite. You're in a perfect place for a once a generation title push, but despite having money, you can't strengthen due to FFP, so you'll drop off, probably find yourself in a similar boat to us next season where you struggle to maintain top 4 due to champions league being the focus. You'll shift on key players to the big six, and probably never get back into this position for a decade. 

Absolute closed shop. 

If it continues with transfer windows like this, then things will change.

It’s not just transfers though. As I have said previously, we are approaching the 30 year mark since clubs up and down the country started doing stadium developments, and building new stadiums for the all seater rules.

This is the point where we start needing to replace or upgrade those stands, and stadiums.

With clubs looking at Everton and seeing them being done by the interest payments on their new stadium, everyone will be reluctant to start doing anything.

Aside from Everton who are too far along to stop now, you’ll have possibly only us (where our owners can just pay for it upfront) and Man Utd (who can leverage commercial deals) who will plan new stadiums, aside from the much smaller ones planned for Luton, and Bournemouth.

The thing is though, it has the potential to prevent clubs from even doing stand by stand improvements, and when the dynamics of a stadium are changing to being more than just for football, that represents a potential income loss for clubs.

Nothing for ourselves will change though until UEFA also follow up with changes, and it would just prevent us from competing in Europe as well, which is a problem for the likes of us, and Aston Villa.

We also don’t know how long these clubs who are not trying to do what us, and Aston Villa are will be happy to set up camp for. The likes of Palace you would think will vote for staying where they are for an eternity.

Imagine being told you cannot have a house extension as your neighbours can't afford one. I don't know any other business which restricts trade as much as football does.

It does feel like the beginning of the end of ffp. We along with others need to challenge it at every level until it breaks.