NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 hours ago, Fezzle said:

100% guaranteed action. There's two games on tonight. Only the most delusional fan expects anything important nufc related 

I'd assumed the window had been set for the 1st so that no games would have been going on, as teams have complained it hampered them in the past. Seems odd that they'd move it from Jan 31st and still have games.

2 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

It’s called “desperation”. What did he say? “Good at corners but don’t know if he’s got the engine to bomb on”. 

He tried to compare it to a top footballer moving from a club in decline to a club where he could win things again. Managed to keep a straight face as well when the presenter asked for his thoughts on the new F1 season. “How the fuck should I know, have you not heard the absolute bollocks I talk about on football”.

18 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Left field.. but surely someone needs to sign Jessie Lingard this window or he might as well retire.

I mean the only other player I can think of with such a drop off was Jack Wilshire but at least he had injury problems 

Dele Alli Hello GIF

While I doubt this the lack of spending this window may be sign that the inflated prices of often average players last few windows is unsustainable, with clubs such as us and apparently arsenal up against FFP maybe enough will be unwilling to spend quite as big in summer and thus bring prices down. Somehow doubt it, but felt chelsea's ludicrous spending rather made everyone suddenly double their prices. 

39 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think I want Toney to replace Wilson this summer

I think he'd fail the No Dickheads part of our transfer policy.

2022 looks like it'll be the high watermark of our January transfer dealings. What a whirlwind window and the stakes couldn't have been higher. You revert to nostalgia in times of dross.

On 31/01/2024 at 17:20, Pata said: