NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, jack j said:

And for the 150th fucking time

Billing isn't English

Just because a player is born in Denmark, plays for Denmark, speaks Danish as a mother tongue and views themselves as Danish, doesn’t mean that they aren’t English

22 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Are we bringing Gayle home.....

Christ he fell off a cliff after leaving us, three goals in 40 odd games for Stoke. 

53 minutes ago, Beth said:

Christ he fell off a cliff after leaving us, three goals in 40 odd games for Stoke. 

I think this happened a long time before that. Was probably at least 3 years passed his sell by date when he was here. Arguably was never good enough to play for us after we were promoted. 

Effectively had seasons 20/21 and 21/22 off before his move to Stoke, no surprise he'd lost it.

5 goals in his last 46 PL games before his 3 in 45 for Stoke.

No doubt somebody else will give him £10k a week though.

I'm not quoting anyone here because it's not pointed at anyone specific but...

When Hope, Edwards, Waugh etc say Newcastle/Howe is interested in (Insert domestic player here), don't be shocked. That's because they are domestic journalists. [emoji38]

Expecting them to report on our interest in foreign targets makes as much sense as a French local journalist writing an article about our interest in Dewsbury-Hall or whatever.

They can only report what they know, they can't report on what they don't know.

It makes absolute sense that we have a long domestic list of potential targets.... and hearing Dewsbury-Hall, Billing, Solanke etc doesn't surprise me at all but we haven't signed any of them. Tell you which domestic targets we did sign... and have been fantastic.

In short, leave the links to foreign players to the foreign journalists.... Luke Edwards isn't going to know FFS 

According to Silvestre we were in contact with him regarding Désiré Doue. Really hope we get him in the summer. He’s perfect for us with his versatility. Has athleticism as well as proper top technical ability and also works hard. Could really use a more attacking option centrally. One with ball carrying ability. Kid’s gonna be a star. Having a player like him would give us so much better options to make progressives plays through the centre without Isak having to come too deep. Also that creative type with the ability to beat a player or two would free up so much space for Gordon to name one. 

Edited by Ikon

On 02/02/2024 at 23:46, TheBrownBottle said:

Just because a player is born in Denmark, plays for Denmark, speaks Danish as a mother tongue and views themselves as Danish, doesn’t mean that they aren’t English

history channel al murray: why does everyone hate the english GIF by HISTORY UK

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Just the rumoured cool £150m release clause. I reckon there is a fair chance we look elsewhere.

Maybe he is gambling too, might knock off 100 million

Yup, the only thing that stops Leao going to PSG is if he cares about winning meaningful stuff and being the best player he can be. I imagine PSG’s offer to him will be extremely generous