NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I'd say a new left back is critical. It's clear that Tino isn't going to be preferred over Burn and I think we all agree that Targett and Hall aren't seen as the answer.

At any opportunity our club has to sign a quality left back, we should grasp it with both hands IMO.

Going into next season with Burn at left back would be a huge error and I like the big fella.

Critical for challenging the top six? I dunno like. Burn is a perfectly serviceable LB when we're able to accommodate his weaknesses. Targett is solid and Hall is an unknown quantity. It would be nice to upgrade but I definitely don't think our progress hinges on the situation. Besides, assuming we sign Hall, I'd be very surprised if we committed even more funds to that position. Think folks need to buckle up for plenty more BDB next season. 

CF is truly critical cos that situation is simply becoming less and less sustainable. I think we'll get absolutely nowhere next season if Wilson isn't usurped as second choice. 

Just now, Conjo said:

We don't know if Hall will be here next season. Livramento is a right back. Targett has been injured for a year.  

If we buy Hall we are not buying another one. I dont disagree with you, but there are many bodies for one position.

2 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

Rafael Leao would be a amazing signing imo
960x0.jpg?height=473&width=711&fit=bound

Without Champions League, maybe Europa at a push (and we put him on some massive wages) that isn't happening.  Would be nice though.

If Joelinton signs and no outgoings (major), RW, CF and CB the main ones for me. Would like more of course, but they are all critical.

Edited by nufc123

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I’d be happy if the club try and pursue deals for Lloyd Kelly and Tosin Adarabioyo on frees. That would give us a lot of flexibility to use our summer budget to strengthen elsewhere in midfield and attack.

I was thinking L Kelly and L Davis for the left - then spend big on an elite CB 

No. 1 priority should be RW. Michael Olise is young (22), reasonably cheap (£60M), PL proven, and on £100,000 per week.  Diaby would have been nice last summer if we had not spent so much on the back line. Olise/Gordon would serve as back up CF too.  Next would be back up for Schar and we need not break the bank for that. That would mean gross spend of about £90M and hopefully some sales.

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

He plays on the left though

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen him play on the right for AC Milan on tnt sport occasionally, it says on transfer market.co.uk that he is right footed, maybe Eddie how can produce some magic and convert him into a right winger if he came here. He seems incredibly talented and a real gem for the future.

16 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

No. 1 priority should be RW. Michael Olise is young (22), reasonably cheap (£60M), PL proven, and on £100,000 per week.  Diaby would have been nice last summer if we had not spent so much on the back line. Olise/Gordon would serve as back up CF too.  Next would be back up for Schar and we need not break the bank for that. That would mean gross spend of about £90M and hopefully some sales.

But if people think Miggy is too left-footed they will not like Olise.

3 hours ago, Playmaker said:

Rafael Leao would be a amazing signing imo
960x0.jpg?height=473&width=711&fit=bound

I left the two CL games against them thinking he was exactly the kind of player we don't need. A massive talent but very little graft and seemed more focused on creating a personal highlight reel of special moments rather than consistently providing end product to help his teammates. 

1 minute ago, stozo said:

I left the two CL games against them thinking he was exactly the kind of player we don't need. A massive talent but very little graft and seemed more focused on creating a personal highlight reel of special moments rather than consistently providing end product to help his teammates. 

I have no idea what games you watched. He was an absolute menace. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

I have no idea what games you watched. He was an absolute menace. 

This was the most egregious example - but felt there were a number of similar instances where he was more focused on showboating etc. than doing the simple thing that would have helped Milan. 

Almiron out and Chiesa in would be a ridiculous upgrade for us. I reckon that player movement would be worth about 10 points over the course of a season

7 minutes ago, midds said:

Almiron out and Chiesa in would be a ridiculous upgrade for us. I reckon that player movement would be worth about 10 points over the course of a season

Isn’t Chiesa more left sided? Always played there when I have watched. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Isn’t Chiesa more left sided? Always played there when I have watched. 

His preferred position is on the left so he can cut back on his right but as a RW he has good delivery and was instrumental in Italys Euro success.

Rumour of £35 million price tag would be a bargain.

He is so versatile, been playing up top most of the season but can play all across the front 3 and I'm sure I've seen him play as a RWB too

I'm a bit split on Leao also.

He is obviously super talented but for me seems like ASM but with better end product. He doesn't seem like someone who would track back and fit into Eddie's style of player. I'd imagine he wouldn't be cheap either. 

Not realistic but I'd rather take a Cole Palmer or similar type of player to Gordon but plays on the right. 

The more I see of Minteh the more I think he'd be a great fit to take over for Murphy or Almiron next season. A lot of the class wingers out there lack maybe the most important trait that is required of ours - work rate and pressing, which Minteh does great in addition to being athletic and good in front of goal. It would obviously also allow us to focus more on other positions that would be nice to strengthen.

If it's too early for him, it seems, from the admittedly little I've seen, that Chiesa would be a great fit too.

I don't see the likes of Diaby, Olise and Leao applying themselves the way Gordon, Almiron and Murphy does (too early to tell for Barnes). If Howe changes the system which allows one of our wingers more freedom and less defensive running it would be a different matter, but I don't see that happening in the immediate future.

Edited by Conjo

RW and LB are the two positions where the right signing could completely transform the team. My preference between the two is the best RW option money can buy, ideally someone who can be a backup striker also.

Striker and CB need succession planning / young depth.

CM is interesting because with no outgoings we have enough bodies, but the mix feels a little off to me. It will be interesting to see what we do.

And we really need a backup GK that plays similarly to Pope.

10 hours ago, midds said:

Chiesa would be so massive, by far my top pick if I could do a swap.