NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Never paid any attention to Lloyd Kelly, but based on what I've heard people say, getting him on a free would be a smart move if we are looking to continue buying 1 Left Back every season 󠀠

1 hour ago, janpawel said:

Never paid any attention to Lloyd Kelly, but based on what I've heard people say, getting him on a free would be a smart move if we are looking to continue buying 1 Left Back every season 󠀠

Would he displace Burn and be a better option than Targett and Hall?   Are we obligated to buy Hall?

11 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Would he displace Burn and be a better option than Targett and Hall?   Are we obligated to buy Hall?

I'm also questioning our LB situation 

Providing we buy hall, I can't see us shelling out any money on a LB, since he is already 35m or something of our budget 

However, if he isn't ready for first team football, I'd much rather we snapped up someone like Kelly with Burn being old / a clear weak point of our first 11...than remain with the exact same players at LB next season 

Based on recent games, one player I wouldn’t be against us testing the waters with an offer, Kelleher. Looks a very good goalkeeper, who’s strong with his feet. 

This summer may be the limited window where he’s available for the right fee, and could be the long term keeper we need.

4 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Based on recent games, one player I wouldn’t be against us testing the waters with an offer, Kelleher. Looks a very good goalkeeper, who’s strong with his feet. 

This summer may be the limited window where he’s available for the right fee, and could be the long term keeper we need.

All depends on fee - Liverpool will take us to the cleaners 

FWIW I think we should put off a new keeper until the following season - assuming  Dubs stays - bigger priorities elsewhere 

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

FWIW I think we should put off a new keeper until the following season - assuming  Dubs stays - bigger priorities elsewhere 

Wonder how Pope will be after surgery, I've had 2 dislocations and operations and I was shitting myself to do anything intensive with them for a while after 

16 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Wonder how Pope will be after surgery, I've had 2 dislocations and operations and I was shitting myself to do anything intensive with them for a while after 

I vaguely remember Tim Krul picking up an injury and never really looking the same after he returned. Could be misremembering. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Being linked with Nketiah 

Don’t think he gets injured much which is a plus.

The price Arsenal will want plus jury is out on actual quality is a minus.

I quite like him. But I think that ship has sailed. Would have been a decent signing on the cheap or a free. But he signed a new deal, missed some big chances and has now fallen out of favour. Yet would still now cost us quite a bit more. 

If he was the 3rd option to perhaps cover across the front three and we had two strikers ahead of him. Think Isak and Wilson level, but ones that could stay fit. Then I’d be all for it. 

But I’m not sure why he’d trade 3rd or 4th choice at Arsenal to be 3rd choice here. 

That would make zero sense for us, you’d imagine that new contract at Arsenal would been significant and to get him here would be expensive in both wages and transfer fee. 

Nketiah is a mid-table quality striker on 100k a week. Not exactly a good presser  and, shockingly, in his mid-twenties now. Even as a back-up option it’d be a strange transfer for us.

5 hours ago, Mikky said:

Possibly, but with a new manager and maybe wanting to bring in some fees without needing to lose Salah, it’s an opportunity that presents itself that may not be there again. 

Wages would far lower than targeting someone like Ramsdale too, who’s already on those higher wages.

40 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Nketiah is a mid-table quality striker on 100k a week. Not exactly a good presser  and, shockingly, in his mid-twenties now. Even as a back-up option it’d be a strange transfer for us.

Just feels like a lazy link tbh, possibly because we were looking at him early on after the takeover, might have been around the time we bought Chris Wood. I would think we are way past that now.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Being linked with Nketiah 

It looks like the source is *checks notes* Charlie Bennet, who heard it off another bloke.

Hasn't Edwards linked us to him in the past though?

I think Nketiah has a much higher ceiling than has been demonstrated so far and would be an excellent signing for us if the price was right.

The issue though is that Arsenal would want £40 million minimum for him, so all of the risk would be on us.

28 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It looks like the source is *checks notes* Charlie Bennet, who heard it off another bloke.

Edwards has us on the verge of signing him in the first January window.

19 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Backup striker needs to be pretty much #1 priority this summer imo. We stick with Isak and Wilson and this will happen again and again.

You can say either of them shouldn't be playing 4 or 5 in a row - well that's the problem, they will invariably be playing that much because the other one will usually be out.

No idea if it's due to the work he's asked to do in our side or he's just a bit injury prone but Isak seems to need someone to share the load with. He's the last player I want us getting rid of so we need to facilitate that however we can. 

Ideal scenario is getting a young backup striker and a top RW who can also play there, probably getting rid of Wilson. 

Gordon will play up front more next season to ease the load on Isak/Wilson/new striker. He would have done this season as well had all of Murphy, Barnes, Willock and Anderson all not have been out most of the season. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

He was linked when it looked like he was going to leave Arsenal after returning from loan irrc. They’ll ask for daft money now, esp off us. 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Obviously there’s no way we know at this time if we’re interested, but as you identify, the inflated price and overall quality of the player, would make me extremely disappointed in our scouting network. We should be able to identify better players for the sums involved for a deal like that.