NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Do we do smokescreens?

It's probably more that he's on a list of players we're watching. Ederson is probably on that list too.

Branthwaite is right up our street too, but there was talk of Everton wanting close to £100mikkion for him.

They did with Tonali when most seemed it was Barella we were after.

There’s definitely cloak & dagger goings on all the time trying to mislead others off the scent of which clubs are after which players.

Admittedly with agents these days it’s becoming more and more futile.

I don't watch Everton much, how would you describe Onana? Is he a DM sitting just in front of the CBs type? I understand he's a good tackler? How's his positioning, passing?

5 minutes ago, Collage said:

I don't watch Everton much, how would you describe Onana? Is he a DM sitting just in front of the CBs type? I understand he's a good tackler? How's his positioning, passing?

Next Vieira if we sign him

Worse than Longstaff if we don't

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Don’t see Onana’s quality at all.

Same with Gordan at Everton.. if Howe wants him then that's good enough for me.

29 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They did with Tonali when most seemed it was Barella we were after.

There’s definitely cloak & dagger goings on all the time trying to mislead others off the scent of which clubs are after which players.

Admittedly with agents these days it’s becoming more and more futile.

Fair, but was that not just opportunistic, rather than us planting a decoy.

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair, but was that not just opportunistic, rather than us planting a decoy.

Possibly but I think they then encouraged the reports.

Will be interesting to see if we go for a midfielder this summer and if so which one.

Ederson and Onana being reported the most currently. Maybe scouting the later to bring down the price of the former.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Really can’t see where the praise is coming from for Onana. Every time I see him, he looks so poor with the ball at his feet

Have you really seen that much of him? I'm asking because I've never paid much attention to him, but if he's technically weak I don't think we'd be interested.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Have you really seen that much of him? I'm asking because I've never paid much attention to him, but if he's technically weak I don't think we'd be interested.

I’ve probably seen him ten times for Everton in full games and then in several highlights reels on MotD. Obviously that’s not a great sample size and I’d be interested to read what Grand Old Team have to say about him (although they invariably hate all their players). However, every game Ive seen him play, Ive seen him struggle to get the ball out of his feet, to move with the ball at pace, to receive the ball at speed and in tight spaces etc. He’s fine when he has a bit of space and can run into it, he’s fine making passes over twenty yards but he’s not particularly creative with his passing. My main issue is with him in possession and I see us as having a major issue there creatively so there must be better options out there. There’s nothing wrong with him out of possession 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Obviously that’s not a great sample size and I’d be interested to read what Grand Old Team have to say about him

That would mean logging onto Grand Old Team though, and - assuming you don't absolutely despise yourself - why would you want to?

I’m not opposed to getting a big physical DM that is great at the defensive side of things, it would be useful to have a player like that. I just wouldn’t blow the budget on one.

32 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’m not opposed to getting a big physical DM that is great at the defensive side of things, it would be useful to have a player like that. I just wouldn’t blow the budget on one.

I would, but he’d have to be Rodri levels, which would completely transform us. Not sure who that player is though 

A midfield like that would solve problems and raise new ones. It would also demand massive investment in other areas of the team to compensate. Much rather persist with Tonali.

I’m interested to see what Eddie and co have done with a year of Sandro on the training ground. He’ll be used to our press and hopefully fits into that defensive role allowing Bruno to play more forward like he did against Forest.

4 hours ago, nemtizz said:

Pickford can kick a ball, that’s about it. Pope is clear in every other department. 

I wouldn’t select Pope ahead of him. 

Then there’s Man Utd’s back line.  Trippier would be the only guaranteed starter there.  Varane is comfortably better than Schar.  Botman or Martinez?  Perhaps Botman on pre-injury form.  Shaw is better than any of our left backs.  Bruno G is the only midfielder we have who gets in Man Utd’s midfield.  Isak is better than Hojlund; though I’d take Gordon on current form ahead of Rashford, that’s form-based only.  Rashford is the better player. 

So I’d say we have three players who’d definitely get ahead of Man Utd’s starting XI, with two others dependent on form.