NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 hours ago, Paully said:

As I’ve just said in the boozer; how on earth are we having the conversation as to who should we have to sell out of Bruno or Isak in order to progress?! Richest club in the world needs to sell one of their two best players to ‘progress’?! Absolutely ludicrous! 

It's getting beyond annoying now, these rules were supposed to protect clubs from themselves, not stunt their growth and kill healthy investement into a football club.

I’d take Sancho, but would need him to take like a 200% pay cut which won’t happen and Man Utd won’t help us in any deal so it’s a non starter :D 

No comment on Sancho but I love the idea of Howe taking someone who used to be the next big thing and renovating them into the real deal. I'm sure he could do what he's done for Joelinton et al for others if they're committed enough to invest in themselves.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

It's getting beyond annoying now, these rules were supposed to protect clubs from themselves, not stunt their growth and kill healthy investement into a football club.

It’s made the top 6 almost a closed book. The premier league are starting to shit it now that clubs simply won’t be able to spend money, players will leave and the product will be effected. See recent daily Mail article regarding potential shift to “luxury tax” system.

On 06/04/2024 at 00:11, Paully said:

As I’ve just said in the boozer; how on earth are we having the conversation as to who should we have to sell out of Bruno or Isak in order to progress?! Richest club in the world needs to sell one of their two best players to ‘progress’?! Absolutely ludicrous! 

How were you capable of a conversation at that time? :lol:

17 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Burn being a serviceable (second choice) CB would be very helpful for how we allocate summer resources.

Definitely. We still need another as both Botman and Lascelles are out for ages, but if Hall can get up to speed in the run in and nail down the LB spot, I'd be happy with Burn, Schar + another as our CBs going into the new season. Risky injury wise but I don't see how we can afford 2 CBs when we've got so many other positions to fill.

Been linked with Marc Guehi, probably rubbish but for the right price that'd be a great signing imo 

Edited by LiquidAK

On 05/04/2024 at 18:25, black_n_white said:

Guess we’ll get a closer look at Tosin this weekend.

I thought he looked very good. Absolute unit, decent on the ball, mobile without necessarily being quick, looks a threat in the air from set pieces. 

I think he might have better suitors than us and/or get offered more money. 

7 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I thought he looked very good. Absolute unit, decent on the ball, mobile without necessarily being quick, looks a threat in the air from set pieces. 

I think he might have better suitors than us and/or get offered more money. 

IF we make an offer, I seriously doubt he'd get a better one than us unless from a Saudi team goes for him

18 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Definitely. We still need another as both Botman and Lascelles are out for ages, but if Hall can get up to speed in the run in and nail down the LB spot, I'd be happy with Burn, Schar + another as our CBs going into the new season. Risky injury wise but I don't see how we can afford 2 CBs when we've got so many other positions to fill.

Been linked with Marc Guehi, probably rubbish but for the right price that'd be a great signing imo 

Think we can sign two, if one is on a free. Because Lascelles you can deregister, and long term end of 2025 season, you probably anticipate one of Schar/Burn to be moved on.

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

IF we make an offer, I seriously doubt he'd get a better one than us unless from a Saudi team goes for him

I dunno. Spurs, Liverpool and I think one of the top Italian clubs have all been linked, from memory. 

I’d love him here. Think he’d be a great fit for us. I adore Schar, but I’ve really noticed him getting done in the physical battles of late. It would be nice to have a different option on that side and genuine competition at CB. I think we need to sign 2 this summer now. 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I dunno. Spurs, Liverpool and I think one of the top Italian clubs have all been linked, from memory. 

I’d love him here. Think he’d be a great fit for us. I adore Schar, but I’ve really noticed him getting done in the physical battles of late. It would be nice to have a different option on that side and genuine competition at CB. I think we need to sign 2 this summer now. 

Agree, but we need a right sided attacker and at least one striker who can stay fit for more than 3 games in a row without getting injured or looking knackered after 30 mins

38 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Agree, but we need a right sided attacker and at least one striker who can stay fit for more than 3 games in a row without getting injured or looking knackered after 30 mins

Right sided attacker could well be Minteh right?

7 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Right sided attacker could well be Minteh right?

Quite possibly. If he wasn't on loan from us in the first place, I'd expect some serious interest in him from the other PL teams

Unlike some of our past loans he's actually gone to a half decent team, and contributed a fair bit in a league that is regularly cherry picked, so deserves some attention.

Edited by gjohnson

Not usually a fan of career resurrection of players on big contracts but would anyone take Tanguy Ndombele for £5m?

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not usually a fan of career resurrection of players on big contracts but would anyone take Tanguy Ndombele for £5m?

Tried, failed, never one to try and warm up Sinister 6 leftovers.

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Nope we've done it before and been burned every single time

Seen enough of MGW to know that he would be a perfect fit for us. I know he plays as 10 for Forest but his skill set means he could play as an 8 or wide.

Forest being in financial difficulties makes it a much easier deal to do.

Fits exactly what we look for.

Edited by STM

1 minute ago, STM said:

Seen enough of MGW to know that he would be a perfect fit for us. I know he plays as 10 for Forest but his skill set means he could play as an 8 or wide.

Would be a brilliant signing imo - right side of mid or RWF - such a versatile player - bring back Minteh and that right side is looking a lot better

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Also mentioned Madueke as another option. Howe would turn him into a player.

Just scored.

Shame he has a 9 year contract and won’t be moving anywhere soon