NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, Kimbo said:

He’s fine as a backup, but if we have to sell someone to create some FFP room and we get an offer (like the rumoured £15m from Leeds), then you’ve got to sell. You don’t stand still because you want to keep Longstaff.

This is it in a nutshell. In an ideal world we'd keep the Longstaffs and Miggy's as squad players, I'm pretty sure if FFP wasn't there, then this is the role they'd play. But if keeping them means we have to sell first team players, then I'm sorry but they have to go. We need the PL to lift these ill thought out restriction, it will lead to players being forced out of clubs even when they can afford to keep them on the books.

Miggy leaving in the summer feels like a certainty. If we don’t get Europe it’ll be extremely hard to keep Bruno too. What about tripper as well, could he be tempted into a move for big bucks? 

I love Trippier and don't really want him to leave, but in our position it's also such an inefficient use of resources to have Tino as a second choice player. It's a good problem to have - one I wish we had in more positions - but a problem nonetheless.

49 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I love Trippier and don't really want him to leave, but in our position it's also such an inefficient use of resources to have Tino as a second choice player. It's a good problem to have - one I wish we had in more positions - but a problem nonetheless.

Hasn’t Eddie been trying to manage Tino’s playing time due to his bad ACL injury? May have imagined that. Albeit that went out of the window when Tripps was out for a while.

Edited by PauloGeordio

52 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Looking back at Howe's previous comments, I don't think he wants first XI + backups. He wants two 11's that he can switch around in-game or between games. Its the reason we have Barnes and Gordon rather than Gordon and someone less productive who can fill in. It makes sense if he wants to go back to last season's tactic of running and pressing like maniacs for 90+mins.

Nothing hugely new here:

Almiron is the most likely departure.

PSG are interested in Bruno and he has admirers at City.

Tosin and Kelly are on the radar, but we'd have competition for both.

We've scouted Joey Veerman of PSV. It describes him as a "creative six".

3 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

Always wary of players who look good in the Eredivisie as the defending, on the whole is atrocious.

Ajax were farcical on Sunday, was borderline sunday morning league stuff

9 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

What other players would we be looking to move on? Almiron, Wilson, Targett, Dubravka, Krafth, Murphy and perhaps Willock?

Agree with all of the above, but definitely not Willock.

1 hour ago, Nepharite said:

Always wary of players who look good in the Eredivisie as the defending, on the whole is atrocious.

I'm sure other things are taken into consideration when they are scouted to mitigate for that. Too many great players come out of that league. 

Ideally, we'd let them go elsewhere and prove themselves first, but then prices sky rocket.

A big part of overcoming FFP will be buying players directly from these leagues and getting it right, as we'd get great value and save tens of millions.

Scouting is going to have to be on point though, for sure.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm sure other things are taken into consideration when they are scouted to mitigate for that. Too many great players come out of that league. 

Ideally, we'd let them go elsewhere and prove themselves first, but then prices sky rocket.

A big part of overcoming FFP will be buying players directly from these leagues and getting it right, as we'd get great value and save tens of millions.

Scouting is going to have to be on point though, for sure.

It's been a feature of our transfer dealings since the takeover really. Perhaps that first window was a bit of a mixed bag but aside from that.

Bruno was £40m(ish) now we won't let him go shy of his release clause rumoured to be more than double that. Isak wasn't cheap at £70m but would anyone sell him for less than £100m? Gordon is the same, £40m for a 23-year-old England International who is well on his way to 10+ PL goals in his first full season here looks like great business. Livramento and Barnes we picked up from relegated teams at what we feel was good value. Botman is a tricky one because he's been hampered by injury. Tonali I'm not including because he came from a top club in a top league but we've not done that often.

I think Miggy has to go, I don't think he will have many suitors he would like to go to unless its the MLS.

Are we due any money from Fraser, Lewis, Hayden? I had us down for being in the hole and needing to sell but not Bruno levels of sale.

56 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

What other players would we be looking to move on? Almiron, Wilson, Targett, Dubravka, Krafth, Murphy and perhaps Willock?

Don't see why we'd be in any rush to jettison the majority of those. This season has demonstrated just how crucial it is to have depth. If Miggy goes for instance I wouldn't be letting Murphy go anywhere. Krafth just signed a new contract. Willock, no chance, and I doubt we'll be able to give Wilson away. Dubravka I'm sure we'll try to keep because Karius is going. 

Targett seems plausible because the move has been a disaster for him, astronomical wage rumours notwithstanding. The Miggy to Saudi to thing may re-emerge.

Beyond that it'll be the deadwood and Bruno imo.