NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Willock is a weird one. I'd love to keep him but if his body is going to start giving up on him playing the way we do, he might be one we could sell. Someone like Everton, Palace, etc might think £30m-ish would be worth it? Reinvest in someone with a record of playing regularly in this sort of system. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Don't see why we'd be in any rush to jettison the majority of those. This season has demonstrated just how crucial it is to have depth. If Miggy goes for instance I wouldn't be letting Murphy go anywhere. Krafth just signed a new contract. Willock, no chance, and I doubt we'll be able to give Wilson away. Dubravka I'm sure we'll try to keep because Karius is going. 

Targett seems plausible because the move has been a disaster for him, astronomical wage rumours notwithstanding. The Miggy to Saudi to thing may re-emerge.

Beyond that it'll be the deadwood and Bruno imo. 

The Wilson one is interesting as his stock is at an absolute all time low. If he doesnt somehow tear his pec we probably aren't talking about this.

Targett is also has incredibly low stock right now.

Longstaff a year ago this forum mentioned him for England, now he is 8th choice CM, we have done a shocking job at selling assets when their stock is high.

As much as I'd hate it, the right move is to sell Joelinton while his stock is high.

Can't sell our deadwood cause no one will buy them.

Can't sell our mediocre players cause we need squad depth. 

Can't sell our purples cause we need them for where we're hoping to be. 

:lol: We're fucked.

25 minutes ago, TRC said:

The Wilson one is interesting as his stock is at an absolute all time low. If he doesnt somehow tear his pec we probably aren't talking about this.

Targett is also has incredibly low stock right now.

Longstaff a year ago this forum mentioned him for England, now he is 8th choice CM, we have done a shocking job at selling assets when their stock is high.

As much as I'd hate it, the right move is to sell Joelinton while his stock is high.

Not a chance i'd sell Joelinton.

My view:

Sell Wilson: If you are a side desperate to stay in this league Calum Wilson is the gamble worth taking, 10/12m for a player who guarantees goals is a no brainer. "Yeah but he's a crock" I hear you say... it doesn't matter. If you get half a season out of him, he will get you 10 goals, that could be the difference between survival or not. He's worth the fee, he's worth the wages. Although I reckon he ends up at West Ham. I have no idea why.

Sell Miggy: Saudi will be back. Reckon we could squeeze 18m out of them and i think the time is right for everyone.

Sell Targett: I'm not buying the rumours that he's on huge wages, not that I think his wages will be small either but if we sell him for a small enough fee, he's a very good left back for a bottom half side... Forest, Wolves, maybe a Leicester on the way up. We might get 5m.

There's 35m of FFP wriggle room potentially IMO.

Players not to sell:

Isak

Tonali

Bruno

Joelinton

Botman

Pope

Gordon

Tino

Barnes

The rest are fair game for the right price, including Willock. We need to be ruthless and prepared to reinvest.

1 minute ago, lovejoy said:

Not a chance i'd sell Joelinton.

Lets say we need to raise £20m or we break PSR, I think its the easiest way. We are getting cents on the dollar for Miggy, Wilson, Longstaff. 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

My view:

Sell Wilson: If you are a side desperate to stay in this league Calum Wilson is the gamble worth taking, 10/12m for a player who guarantees goals is a no brainer. "Yeah but he's a crock" I hear you say... it doesn't matter. If you get half a season out of him, he will get you 10 goals, that could be the difference between survival or not. He's worth the fee, he's worth the wages. Although I reckon he ends up at West Ham. I have no idea why.

Sell Miggy: Saudi will be back. Reckon we could squeeze 18m out of them and i think the time is right for everyone.

Sell Targett: I'm not buying the rumours that he's on huge wages, not that I think his wages will be small either but if we sell him for a small enough fee, he's a very good left back for a bottom half side... Forest, Wolves, maybe a Leicester on the way up. We might get 5m.

Players not to sell:

Isak

Tonali

Bruno

Joelinton

Botman

Pope

Gordon

Tino

Barnes

The rest are fair game for the right price, including Willock. We need to be ruthless and prepared to reinvest.

100% this.

I think the poor showing of Sheffield United this season and Burnley to a lesser extent shows promoted clubs that a Premier league standard striker is worth spending 10-15 million on to assist staying in the division.

I think if Leeds get promoted they could be in for Wilson.

9 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

100% this.

I think the poor showing of Sheffield United this season and Burnley to a lesser extent shows promoted clubs that a Premier league standard striker is worth spending 10-15 million on to assist staying in the division.

I think if Leeds get promoted they could be in for Wilson.

And they love crock prone strikers! 

35 minutes ago, TRC said:

Lets say we need to raise £20m or we break PSR, I think its the easiest way. We are getting cents on the dollar for Miggy, Wilson, Longstaff. 

I'd like to think that if things get that tight we've got 3 or 4 moderately low sponsorship deals (or maybe 1 really big one for the kit sponsor?) ready to be pulled out of the bag - all of which are ridiculously front-loaded to give us the cash asap. Selling to stick to PSR is still a thing and I get why we need to move players on but selling purples should be the absolute last resort :thup:

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Willock is a weird one. I'd love to keep him but if his body is going to start giving up on him playing the way we do, he might be one we could sell. Someone like Everton, Palace, etc might think £30m-ish would be worth it? Reinvest in someone with a record of playing regularly in this sort of system. 

It's going to become increasingly difficult to sell high value within the Premier League, given PSR is nuking the demand. Can Everton buy anyone? The margin for error on transfers is contracting, and it's making clubs more careful. 

Wilson only ‘guarantees’ goals in the right system, in terms of promoted sides taking a chance some wouldn’t get the best out of him.. Burnley wouldn’t bother. His physicality is limited now, he needs service without the expectation of pressing/defending from the central position. Otherwise you just end up with the same injured version of him that we have.

If he didn’t have that massive competitive streak in him I’d expect him to go Saudi, and he might even so because some offers are to good to turn down when money like that is dangled in front of a player that is on the decline.

Edited by Nine

I think we can probably move Krafth on for a nominal fee, but really we would have saved a few million by letting Dummet and Ritchie leave. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

My view:

Players not to sell:

Isak

Tonali

Bruno

Joelinton

Botman

Pope

Gordon

Tino

Barnes

Weird you’ve omitted our best CB and our most creative player off that list, but whatevs.

3 hours ago, Nepharite said:

Always wary of players who look good in the Eredivisie as the defending, on the whole is atrocious.

Well he’s got 8 full caps. Compare to Botman. Sounds good enough to me. 
IMG_8195.thumb.jpeg.3b6d2a0e926a71518f4e3bcdd52ee61a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I wouldn't sell Willock, after the first choice CM of Linton-Bruno-Tonali he'd be the first one to come into the side.

He's been a victim of poor management of his injuries, being so short of players this season we've rushed him back and he's never been anywhere near match fit when he has played.

If we were to sell Willock I'd want atleast 50 million for him. He's still quite young he's English plus he's been in good form last season. I mean jwp went for that and I rate Willock more than him. 

1 hour ago, TRC said:

break PSR. Fuck them.

18 minutes ago, andycap said:

If we were to sell Willock I'd want atleast 50 million for him. He's still quite young he's English plus he's been in good form last season. I mean jwp went for that and I rate Willock more than him. 

JWP didn't go for £50mil like

You have to feel sorry for Willock, he is rushed back and playing despite clearly not being 100% fit to support the team, which is impacting his ability to both recover and get his fitness back and all he gets for it is fans wanting him sold.

1 hour ago, andycap said:

JWP was around 30m.

19 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

You have to feel sorry for Willock, he is rushed back and playing despite clearly not being 100% fit to support the team, which is impacting his ability to both recover and get his fitness back and all he gets for it is fans wanting him sold.

I think it's more to do with fans understanding the need for a PSR fix and Willock being actually worth some money and being expendable.

I doubt many actually want Willock to be sold.