NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Disagree, still has value but his injury record isn't going to get any better. It would be lovely to have him too but we just don't have the room in the financial constraints to afford really having Wilson on the bench as useful as would be. I would sell and sign a prospect.

13 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Disagree, still has value but his injury record isn't going to get any better. It would be lovely to have him too but we just don't have the room in the financial constraints to afford really having Wilson on the bench as useful as would be. I would sell and sign a prospect.

He's only had an impact on the result in 2 games this season Brentford and Wolves, feels like right time to sell him. Other goals have came when game already won/lost. His injuries and having a lot less impact in our games in general.

Posted (edited)

Hayden 50k

Hendrick 50k

Fraser 63k

Lewis 40k

Targett 100k WTF

Targett is on way more than half the squad and some of our top players, think he's like fourth highest earner behind Bruno, Trippier, Isak.

Edited by mighty__mag

57 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

I think we’d be mental to get rid of Wilson. As long as he’s willing to play a bit of a lesser role, he knows he has to manage his minutes wherever he goes anyway. We’re not gonna get a 2nd/3rd striker as good as him on the cheap. 

His quality is never in question tbf, and certainly won't be to the club. It's the availability. Considering this and his age if a decent offer comes in it has to be considered. 

24 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

His quality is never in question tbf, and certainly won't be to the club. It's the availability. Considering this and his age if a decent offer comes in it has to be considered. 

I really think if he wasn’t forced to play so early returning from injury and/or because Isak was injured, we would of seen a lot more of him this season.

12 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Rashford looks like an odd player these days. If the effort was there but it just wasn’t working for him, I’d say a move to a different team could turn things around. But he plays like some office worker that has quiet quit. After hearing about Dele Ali’s problems I wonder if there’s something deeper going on with him.

There was a decent piece by him by Andy Mitton a while back that touched on this. Worth a read or listen.

7 hours ago, ryanegg said:

I really think if he wasn’t forced to play so early returning from injury and/or because Isak was injured, we would of seen a lot more of him this season.

It’ll be very interesting to see what the club does with Wilson. The ideal situation is we bring in another really good young striker AND Wilson stays and we have 3 strikers. Whether he’s happy with that or whether we’re happy to cash in say if a promoted club wants to take a punt on him with a contract. 

Tosin and Kelly make perfect sense in terms of defensive reinforcements and free transfers as it frees up money for players in the striking and wing areas. I’m also intrigued what happens at LB and what Howe things if Hall in terms of his readiness to start next season and Targett. Is he going to use Targett as the steady Eddie player to rotate with Hall and have Kelly (assuming he signs) as the emergency LB or will they move Targett on in the summer and bring someone else in? I’m not convinced Hall is ready to be the bonafide starting LB for us and I’d love us to sign a really solid experienced attacking LB but they cost money. 

Summer will be very interesting indeed. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It’ll be very interesting to see what the club does with Wilson. The ideal situation is we bring in another really good young striker AND Wilson stays and we have 3 strikers. Whether he’s happy with that or whether we’re happy to cash in say if a promoted club wants to take a punt on him with a contract. 

Tosin and Kelly make perfect sense in terms of defensive reinforcements and free transfers as it frees up money for players in the striking and wing areas. I’m also intrigued what happens at LB and what Howe things if Hall in terms of his readiness to start next season and Targett. Is he going to use Targett as the steady Eddie player to rotate with Hall and have Kelly (assuming he signs) as the emergency LB or will they move Targett on in the summer and bring someone else in? I’m not convinced Hall is ready to be the bonafide starting LB for us and I’d love us to sign a really solid experienced attacking LB but they cost money. 

Summer will be very interesting indeed. 

It’s really interesting, in Targett and Wilson you have two players who I’d be absolutely gagging to get rid of to create some PSR Leeway. These are two players who aren’t going to improve or be first choice and absolute prime candidates to move on this FFP constricted world. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s really interesting, in Targett and Wilson you have two players who I’d be absolutely gagging to get rid of to create some PSR Leeway. These are two players who aren’t going to improve or be first choice and absolute prime candidates to move on this FFP constricted world. 

Howe always talks Targett up but due to Burns form and his injuries he’s barely kicked a ball recently. Realistically how much is he going to play moving forwards? Wilson also seems like a no brainer to move on in terms of the financial aspect. Plus if club brings in a young, exciting 2nd striking option (e.g Sekso type signing) then he becomes a bit part player and I’m still not convinced he’d be happy with that considering he still has a few decent years left in him. Time will tell.

I still think we need 3 strikers even if the 3rd option is Wilson or a young development option.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Howe always talks Targett up but due to Burns form and his injuries he’s barely kicked a ball recently. Realistically how much is he going to play moving forwards? Wilson also seems like a no brainer to move on in terms of the financial aspect. Plus if club brings in a young, exciting 2nd striking option (e.g Sekso type signing) then he becomes a bit part player and I’m still not convinced he’d be happy with that considering he still has a few decent years left in him. Time will tell.

I still think we need 3 strikers even if the 3rd option is Wilson or a young development option.

Yeah and that’s the issue we face this year, can we get rid of bit part players and free up so money to reinvest. 

as the club themselves have pointed out, we simply have to player trade so it’s a case of picking our poison as best we can. 

9 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Hayden 50k

Hendrick 50k

Fraser 63k

Lewis 40k

Targett 100k WTF

Targett is on way more than half the squad and some of our top players, think he's like fourth highest earner behind Bruno, Trippier, Isak.

Assume he's behind Joelinton, Gordon, Barnes, Tonali, Botman and Wilson too.

9 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Hayden 50k

Hendrick 50k

Fraser 63k

Lewis 40k

Targett 100k WTF

If Targett is on such wages, you've got to pretty much reflect that in your transfer value.

As I've said before, if you are Leicester, Ipswich, Everton, Wolves, Fulham, Palace or Forest, you'd take Targett on those wages at a reduced price of say 6m.

He's a proper PL left back. In fact, he's a good one... if you can keep him fit. 100k + 6m isn't a huge outlay for a PL left back, I'm sure some of those clubs already have players on more than that.

Where as for us, that sort of return is fairly substantial, in terms of what we can turn it into.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Assume he's behind Joelinton, Gordon, Barnes, Tonali, Botman and Wilson too.

This is what Capology reckon. Apparently the green tick means it’s been ‘verified’ (no idea how):

IMG_0751.thumb.jpeg.e8b5470faf7f22a984de4271a0f54b0c.jpeg

*I’m not claiming this is 100% accurate btw. Certainly appears to have Wilson far too low.

Just now, Menace said:

Hindsight is always 20/20 and all that but Targett was a poor signing imo

It’s a strange one because at the time it was a no brainer, but the injuries and the massive salary (if true) make it look a bit mad now. 

Posted (edited)

Aye, it was only bad with hindsight, so not something I'd lay on the transfer team. It was a great signing at the time and it's not turned out poorly for bad reasons, Burn cemented his place and Targett's been injured. 

I was relieved when we signed him, because it looked like we were looking elsewhere when we had a solid option on a silver platter.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Menace said:

Aye, and on top of that we end up buying Hall for double the price too. Odd signing I guess.

The reports at the time towards the end of the loan was Eddie not been too keen on Targett and we wanted Brunos other mate (I can’t remember his name). 

He’s going to be hard to shift if he’s in a 100k a week anarl. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

The reports at the time towards the end of the loan was Eddie not been too keen on Targett and we wanted Brunos other mate (I can’t remember his name). 

Lodi 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Another Dan Ashworth masterclass giving Targett top coin, expect nothing less.