NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

28 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Someone else on here mentioned he was homesick a while back but didn’t know whether the Carling Cup win and Clark’s role over Jan to March had changed that.

Be interesting to see what happens, hard one to put a transfer value on and no doubt scousers would try and take our eyeballs out.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dokko said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

https://www.capology.com/club/newcastle/salaries/

https://m.aiscore.com/salary/team-newcastle-united-2j374oiy4nirqo6

Use both these, not sure where you're made up salaries were sourced. 

Targett is paid much higher than most of our first team.

According to most of these kind of searches, they're not usually miles off.

https://www.footballfancast.com/newcastle-united-player-wages-salaries-ranked/

Edited by mighty__mag

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

https://www.capology.com/club/newcastle/salaries/

https://m.aiscore.com/salary/team-newcastle-united-2j374oiy4nirqo6

Use both these, not sure where you're made up salaries were sourced. 

Targett is paid much higher than most of our first team.

According to most of these kind of searches, they're not usually miles off.

https://www.footballfancast.com/newcastle-united-player-wages-salaries-ranked/

"All salary figures are estimates as actual salaries may vary. Unverified players are calculated using algorithms, or sourced from reporting that has not been confirmed yet. Coverage may be limited or incomplete"

Again...

Charlie Day Ok GIF

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

"All salary figures are estimates as actual salaries may vary. Unverified players are calculated using algorithms, or sourced from reporting that has not been confirmed yet. Coverage may be limited or incomplete"

Hence me saying they're not usually miles off, like your made up ones.

Find me anything, with your made up ones on.

Wilson on over 100k 

Barnes 125k 

Gordon 90k

You know those made up ones above where you originally quoted me and adjusted the quoted text, 

Oh yeah, don't forget to stick another gif on your next reply, you little small time fanny [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Hence me saying they're not usually miles off, like your made up ones.

Find me anything, with your made up ones on.

Wilson on over 100k 

Barnes 125k 

Gordon 90k

You know those made up ones above where you originally quoted me and adjusted the quoted text, 

Oh yeah, don't forget to stick another gif on your next reply, you little small time fanny [emoji38]

Dog Ok GIF by joeyahlbum

He’s not leaving this summer and I doubt anyone will test that resolve, especially before end of June.

So many clubs are on that fine line with PSR that they can’t make an investment like that, aside from maybe Man City who don’t need him.

14 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Someone else on here mentioned he was homesick a while back but didn’t know whether the Carling Cup win and Clark’s role over Jan to March had changed that.

Homesick for where? Was he not born in Surrey? 

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

He’s not leaving this summer and I doubt anyone will test that resolve, especially before end of June.

So many clubs are on that fine line with PSR that they can’t make an investment like that, aside from maybe Man City who don’t need him.

When's this clause valid to? Is it 30th June? If so, no one had the money in Jan, so won't have it before then. I think with that and his new house he's staying put.

21 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Hindsight is selective too. For example, he played really well in the last sixteen games of 2021-22. We took 31 points from those games, only really getting tonked off Spurs and City away.
We looked dead and buried before then; 11 points from 19 games at the turn of the year. 
Obviously not just Targett making the difference, but for the difference he made in that period alone, I think he was a good signing. 

100% agree - annoys me when people label anyone from that team as bad signings (Chris wood included) as they marched us up the league and for around 10 minutes or so we were sitting at 9th if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

When's this clause valid to? Is it 30th June? If so, no one had the money in Jan, so won't have it before then. I think with that and his new house he's staying put.

That’s one angle for sure  personally I’m not putting too much stock in the expiry date of the clause, if someone offers that amount of money in July he would be off (assuming he wants to go). Clubs rarely keep hold of players that want to leave. 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Douglas in his article the other day was convinced Arsenal cannot afford him before the clause expires.

Also struggling to see where he fits in. Compared to City where I think there will be some rebuild and cashing in:

Nunes, Kovacic, Bernardo, possibly even KDB and/or Grealish.

14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

A lot of articles reporting Arsenal will sell home grown players to fund it as they are 100% profit.

Nketiah, ESR - anyone else? Both have seen their stock plunge this season. 

15 hours ago, Nucasol said:

This is going to sound really churlish but if he was coming back, I would hope there's more to it than him just being homesick. He's got a massive opportunity at his feet at a huge, well resourced club that apparently thinks extremely highly of him. Throwing that away wouldn't say amazing things about his mentality. 

As I say, that's a very big "if" it was just about homesickness.

25 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

A lot of articles reporting Arsenal will sell home grown players to fund it as they are 100% profit.

But who will buy those before 30 June when everyone is fucked for PSR that would be able to land them? Would be madness paying a PL premium in this accounting year instead of waiting til the window reopens