NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I live in the South East, been to London more times than I can count, and I hated every second of it. 

Awful place, except the sights and certain buildings. Overall the place is the butthole to hell, its horrid.

9 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

A 20yr old on north of £100k a week aint gonna be getting the 10am GNER to King's Cross

Yeah I was more just reinforcing the fact we are a stones throw away for even mere mortals like me, so for a multi millionaire it's barely a factor [emoji38]

None of what I've said is a blanket fact, just my observations within my field of work and discussions with like minded people.

Footballers are humans too and will have specific wants and needs. Hopefully a few more world class players want the chilled lifestyle :indi:

Posted (edited)

As long as there is a project and money players will want to come. Some players will have other preferences like manager, city, money etc. Botman turned down one of the biggest clubs in world football and Mlano is quite a city. 

That said I find it disrespectful players like Agbonlahor and other lazy pundits saing wont do that wont go there. What the fuck do they know how we are selling our club to other players?

Edited by nufc123

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

As long as there is a project and money players will want to come. Some players will have other preferences like manager, city, money etc. Botman turned down one of the biggest clubs in world football and Mlano is quite a city. 

Eddie will be a big draw to a developing talent as he is proven to get the best out of them and aid with their development. Obviously other factors too. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Eddie will be a big draw to a developing talent as he is proven to get the best out of them and aid with their development. Obviously other factors too. 

I mean watching fading careers like Gordon and at some point Isak, blowing through the roof now wont hurt like :lol:

I imagine that we put a financial and a footballing proposal towards players.

The more professional clubs can produce a dossier on their targets to agents and players, showing their strengths/weaknesses and what plans they have for them. This is something I suspect we are quite good at. A combination of Howe and Staveley giving you a call must be quite a pulling factor.

I'm not saying we will sign x or y but I'd be surprised if we don't give every player the full seduction treatment, possibly over a few months.

Anyway, if we sign any player of Williams, Neto or Olise's calibre for next season, we are in a good spot.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

It's not really. London and the Midlands are significantly more multicultural than the North East, although the gap has closed a bit. That doesn't necessarily matter much to everyone, but sometimes it does, especially for those who don't know much about this part of the world. Personally I'm not a fan of London, but for people who haven't been here much, maybe London just seems more glamorous.

Whole world of nope...unless you're after some seriously dodgy stuff there's really not much you can't do in Newcastle which is possible in London/Birmingham 

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

I live in the South East, been to London more times than I can count, and I hated every second of it. 

Awful place, except the sights and certain buildings. Overall the place is the butthole to hell, its horrid.

Lived in London my whole life. Can confirm.

Just now, Lotus said:

London is awesome or awful depending on the people you know. Like every other place.

And how much 💵‘s in your pocket. That matters way more in London than it does in most cities 

My one experience of London was class, but then we were in a cup final and quite frankly I could have been in Gaza and found it enjoyable.

I think London is a great place to visit but being a lad from a village in the country, I quite like clean air and less people.

Just now, STM said:

My one experience of London was class, but then we were in a cup final and quite frankly I could have been in Gaza and found it enjoyable.

I think London is a great place to visit but being a lad from a village in the country, I quite like clean air and less people.

Yeah London is definitely too peopley!  I’ve enjoyed 2 night stays and visiting the sights. Haven’t been back in over 20 years. Wouldn’t choose too either! More trees less folk for me (although London has lots of trees)

London’s incredible, in the right places, with the right people. It’s about as multicultural as you could find, which personally is a massive draw for me. Newcastle is class too, but as someone who lives a similar distance from both I’d probably head south. 

I prefer Manchester myself though.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The ever reliable Foot Mercato trying to get ahead of the game.

Santi is reliable.

@Jack27 you know what to do

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Santi is reliable.

@Jack27 you know what to do

Hope he’s reliable, tweet below says that Southgate preferred candidate for the Mancs