NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

9 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It brings up an interesting proposition when it comes to FFP. I know it never happens, but what if for a FFP workaround, we just swap players instead of buying or selling? Wouldn’t that technically just involve wages for FFP then?

Think its exactly the opposite as we would want the extra revenues. If we had sold Isak for 150m and bought two players for 50m each on 5 year deals we would be 130m + before having to deduct Isaks remaining costs

It was what happened when Barcelona sold Arthur to Juventus and bought Pjanic from Juventus for basically the same fees

12 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Thanks for that 54, some very interesting stuff. Hard pass on Conor Gallagher as a Bruno replacement though :lol:

He framed that more as Gallagher as a Longstaff replacement and Tonali would be the Bruno replacement. Not really a scenario I'm ready to think about though.

38 minutes ago, Decky said:

If we're to listen to offers for Isak then it has to be pure money up front to help us with FFP and no players. Is Ramsdale much better than Pope? When we upgrade Pope down the line it'll be for someone of much better quality than Ramsdale, so that's a no for me. And Smith Rowe is always bloody injured, a definite no if ever there was one. 

Makes no difference for FFP

11 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

He framed that more as Gallagher as a Longstaff replacement and Tonali would be the Bruno replacement. Not really a scenario I'm ready to think about though.

Yeah, still no thanks weaken our midfield isn’t the play. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do we even own him yet? :lol:

Think we did this with Krafth? He was on loan at Amiens, they made it permanent that summer then we signed him a month later. 

3 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

Think its exactly the opposite as we would want the extra revenues. If we had sold Isak for 150m and bought two players for 50m each on 5 year deals we would be 130m + before having to deduct Isaks remaining costs

It was what happened when Barcelona sold Arthur to Juventus and bought Pjanic from Juventus for basically the same fees

On this with Bruno having a release clause can we still just demand they pay it all up front which may put a few off a bit, or maybe doesn't matter with City so much, or is it better we took installments anyway as spreads the revenue.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Nico Williams is on big money at Bilbao apparently.

My God! :o

200,000 Euros a week!

56 minutes ago, nufc4eva said:

On this with Bruno having a release clause can we still just demand they pay it all up front which may put a few off a bit, or maybe doesn't matter with City so much, or is it better we took installments anyway as spreads the revenue.

Id assume the clause is only triggered when paid up front as money we receive in the future is worth less than today due to inflation / reinvestment opportunities

We would have to recognise all the revenues at the point of sale regardless if we would be paid up front or in installments 

58 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My God! :o

200,000 Euros a week!

Oh wow. I didnt realise BIlbao were capable of those kinds of wages. I'm so sheltered.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Sorry Mr. Couldn't delete ur earlier quote. Any help how to do that?

A rumour is a rumour 

Edited by HalloNUFC

41 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Oh wow. I didnt realise BIlbao were capable of those kinds of wages. I'm so sheltered.

I guess they rarely have to spend money on transfers so can pay big wages

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

Nico Williams is on big money at Bilbao apparently.

He'd have to be our top earner and then with a few add ons for goals/assists/UCL qualification/trophy wins etc to get him anywhere near the amount he's on now. 

Question is, would any club in the world pay him the £250k that's he's getting a week now? Man Utd might do, Chelsea probably, Arsenal potentially. But do any of those clubs actually want him.

Think the low clause and high wages had a lot to do with his contract about to run out so instead of not getting much money at all or even lose him on a free they were more or less forced to agree to the demands. Think it took quieter long until it was all agreed. 

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

That Maatsen has been decent for them on loan, so surely they would rather pursue that deal to be permanent. 

5 hours ago, HalloNUFC said:

Sorry Mr. Couldn't delete ur earlier quote. Any help how to do that?

A rumour is a rumour 

Good morning!

13 hours ago, Mazzy said:

He'd have to be our top earner and then with a few add ons for goals/assists/UCL qualification/trophy wins etc to get him anywhere near the amount he's on now. 

Question is, would any club in the world pay him the £250k that's he's getting a week now? Man Utd might do, Chelsea probably, Arsenal potentially. But do any of those clubs actually want him.

Would also need to factor in Spanish higher rate tax is considerably lower than ours iirc so his £200k would need a sizable boost to get the same net pay. Was a fun dream though

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not specifically us, but the same likely applies to us too.

You have to pay the release clause in full - another (major) stumbling block 

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

You have to pay the release clause in full - another (major) stumbling block 

Why is it a stumbling block?

18 minutes ago, STM said:

Why is it a stumbling block?

Because your budget for the summer is gone in payment towards 1 player 

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Because your budget for the summer is gone in payment towards 1 player 

Naaa. Cash shouldn’t be an issue for us. The owners can pump as much cash as they like (it’s just not counted for FFP).