NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

55 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

27 before this season ends does seem a bit on the high side. At the same time, if you’re using Almiron to partially fund it and getting four years younger then I could see it.

He just turned 26 in April and would be a definite improvement over Almiron. 12 goals in 21 stars for Fiorentina.

42 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Thanks for doing the research on that one! So he was linked about 6 weeks before he signed, which matches the reports that we were interested but only went back once the asking price dropped.

The story suggests PIF got excited by the 3-3 draw, Wilson got injured so we came back to Sociedad with a better offer and we met somewhere in the middle.  

He scored that night against Barca. We forced the sale, they weren’t overly willing sellers. 

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

From Austrian media 

Just looked up his Fbref stats......they're.......not good :-/

0 assists per 90

In the bottom 1% for pass completion. In fact all his passing stats are atrocious.

Seems good at taking players on and tackling. Bit like JL7 I guess (numbers only).

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Most persistent rumours have *some* truth in them. Interest, conversations with agents or intermediaries.

Think all I’m gathering from the rumours, we’re signing someone from Seria A. Far too much noise on different players for us to not be speaking some agents of players based in that league. 

BREAKING: Newcastle have £65m bid rejected for Karadona. 

16 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Just looked up his Fbref stats......they're.......not good :-/

0 assists per 90

In the bottom 1% for pass completion. In fact all his passing stats are atrocious.

Seems good at taking players on and tackling. Bit like JL7 I guess (numbers only).

From transfermarkt looks like he mainly plays on the LW (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alexander-prass/profil/spieler/434116) so that could affect the per 90 averages a bit (if that's the case).

Bit odd they say he gets 0 assists per 90 when in the years' stats they say he got 4 assists in 30 games (and 79th % expected xG). Also got 2 assists at the Euros.

That first January after we got took over was the peak buzz for rumours for me like. Mainly cos nobody really knew what to expect, and all the players we were being linked with were a billion miles bigger than anything we had in about 20 years. Even the first summer window we had after the takeover seemed to be  abit slower going

Edited by jack j

53 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Looks good in black and white! 
IMG_8878.thumb.jpeg.4e391001dd33330faaebfed843451031.jpeg

Like this type of signings for squad depth.

Lower fee and wages from a smaller league, but has shown something that signifies a potential to be decent cover and develop further.

Kind of move we haven't done enough of.

30 minutes ago, Scoot said:

What a boring transfer window this has been for us. Must admit I am slightly concerned now.

Boring yes, but very confident we will get the players we need.  Mitchell will be well on it now following all the internal discussions that would have been needed. He has only just got here. 

Club has been very good at doing its business quietly, so I expect something to happen pretty soon, and ideally before they head of to Japan! 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Like this type of signings for squad depth.

Lower fee and wages from a smaller league, but has shown something that signifies a potential to be decent cover and develop further.

Kind of move we haven't done enough of.

Don't see an issue either but miley, white,tonali, Bruno, willock, Joelinton for 3 spots is already plenty although white only has a year left I think and is 22 just would indicate either a low risk signing or someone going surely. 

11 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Don't see an issue either but miley, white,tonali, Bruno, willock, Joelinton for 3 spots is already plenty although white only has a year left I think and is 22 just would indicate either a low risk signing or someone going surely. 

It's decent depth already on the face of things, but Willock has struggled recently injury wise, Longstaff is going into the final year of his contract and so is in a bit of a precarious position, and then Miley has unfortunately picked up an injury now too, and could do with some protecting when he comes back.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

He's too old to be a prospect signing so does that mean we are looking for a midfielder or does it mean we are looking to ship someone ?

Longstaff into his last year and no renewal talks. No idea if they are similar players mind.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's decent depth already on in the face of things, but Willock has struggled recently injury wise, Longstaff is going into the final year of his contract and so is in a bit of a precarious position, and then Miley has unfortunately picked up an injury now too, and could do with some protecting when he comes back.

As it stands Longstaff is still going to play 25-30 games, so if there's someone capable of offering something different and could maybe be a bit better, then great.