NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Anyways any new rumours? 

What about who's potentially leaving, or needs to go before the deadline. 

Matt Targett, Southampton, Fulham, Forest, Brentford, (Nufc.com)

Jamal Lewis, Ryan Fraser, Ashby,

Dubravka, Do we actually need Dubravka?

Trippier, still debatable.

Miggy?

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we don't sign a first choice RCB, though, definite questions to be asked. 

I think the need this window for a right sided CB is over stated tbh Schar is perfectly fine. 

Still surprised this has been the focus on our window tbh. 

Just now, Izakaya said:

Top 8 tbh. 

Not a chance, apart from Liverpool and Manchester City the rest have strengthened considerably, we will be lucky to finish top 10

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

That Madueke goal in Europe then hatrick yesterday has probably torpedoed any chance of that deal 😂

They're still Chelsea though, and they'll need to sell some players to fudge the numbers on all the spending they've done again this summer.

7 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Unless we have a transfer lined up for Wilson depending on whether we can get a replacement in? 

Can't see anyone signing him this week as he's injured.

4 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Top 8 tbh. 

Yeah, if that’s the aim I got to applaud PIF for losing both cashworth, Amanda and some very good players. Got to give it to them. A Greek GK for £20 mill. F’ing hell. 

Edited by maze

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Can't see anyone signing him this week as he's injured.

The Saudi transfer window closes in Oct I think so it could be done but who am I kidding..

3 minutes ago, maze said:

Yeah, if that’s the aim I got to applaud PIF for losing both cashworth, Amanda and some very good players. Got to give it to them. A Greek GK for £20 mill. F’ing hell. 

Has the final fee been agreed for the odyssey? Last I heard it was 35m euros

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

4/10

Wouldn’t even give a 4/10

Sold two highly promising youngsters. Both now first team players at other clubs 

signed Hall who looks quality but not sure Howe trusts him yet 

signed Ruddy for absolutely no reason 

signed the Greek fella to get the Anderson deal down and immediately look up loan him out 

signed Osula who is a gamble having not yet scored a PL goal 

Kelly looks a decent signing for free

With no one else in the two key areas identified by the club haven’t been improved 

and not some single deadwood player out the door.

4/10 is generous 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think the need this window for a right sided CB is over stated tbh Schar is perfectly fine. 

I've been so impressed by Krafth the last two games there, and major kudos to him, because he's got us 4 valuable points filling in admirably.

However, we really could do with another quality centre back.

The issue once again is this insistence on it having to be such a specific player.

There's so many options we could go with there at the moment. Especially as we still have Schar and Burn playing well, if it is someone that might need a bit of time to adjust or settle in, coming from another league or whatever.

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Schar would be our best LCB even though he's right-footed, if Schar is out, Krafth is next in line. If anything happens to Schar our season is massively hit and we'd only have ourselves to blame for not being prepared after what happened last season. Schar's getting to an age where his performances might start to naturally decline, too. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

19 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

That Madueke goal in Europe then hatrick yesterday has probably torpedoed any chance of that deal 😂

Chelsea still linked with RWs, and if they need a sale or two, he’s one of the few who’s got interested parties. Think there’s a deal to be made, but probably moved away from loan (with obligation) to an outright sale this window needed to entice Chelsea.

Any chance we're only looking at DCL as he has more sell-on value? Get decent value out of the Tripps swap, then sell DCL after a year or so at the age of 28/29 for 25 million. Given we managed to get 15 million for Chris Wood, who was largely shite for us I don't think that would be an unreasonable amount. Plus we could then afford the Wilson sale this January if someone wants to offer us between 5-10 million.

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Schar would be our best LCB even though he's right-footed, if Schar is out, Krafth is next in line. If anything happens to Schar our season is massively hit and we'd only have ourselves to blame for not being prepared after what happened last season. Schar's getting to an age where his performances might start to naturally decline, too. 

Agree but Schar has an excellent fitness record, he rarely misses game. Don’t get me wrong we need a Cb but a starting Cb wouldn’t be my priority this window if our budget is limited and we starting players like Murphy (no offence love the guy but he isn’t quite up to it ). 

On outgoings I think we have to be realistic.

Fraser, Lewis, Ashby and Haydon will be loan deals for peanuts.

A GK will probably also exit due to numbers, again for peanuts.

After that potentially Targett if he wants first team football, but that’s it. Anyone else leaving weakens the first team squad.

The lesson from the summer in outgoings is if you want to see cash being brought in, then you have to sell players you like, as they are the ones with value.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Agree but Schar has an excellent fitness record, he rarely misses game. Don’t get me wrong we need a Cb but a starting Cb wouldn’t be my priority this window if our budget is limited and we starting players like Murphy (no offence love the guy but he isn’t quite up to it ). 

True, but I remember the drop off in Albert for example. 94-5 to 96-7 compared with 97/8 up to going to Fulham a year later. He was done by the time Owen made him look silly. 

Stupidly thought transfer windows like this were a thing of the past. Fucking PSR 

something surely has to break soon 

Edited by gdm