NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 minutes ago, STM said:

You think they haven't already taken a photo of him with the shirt on? :aww:

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that they hadn’t even met him, in person, yet. Hopefully, as you imply, pics done as he’s all-in. 

7 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that they hadn’t even met him, in person, yet. Hopefully, as you imply, pics done as he’s all-in. 

They literally flew to Romania. 

49 minutes ago, STM said:

In theory that sounds good but the reality is that they could still announce an "agreement in principle", before it goes through on July 1st.

There's no reason to wait until July to tell us about it.

They could do that with Tonali but they haven't. Just think they're being smart and crafty to avoid the usual hacks reporting their usual shite. 

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, James said:

Could be quite a few weeks yet before he actually makes it to SJP

That would take us to the start of August. He’ll be here well before that.

4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

That would take us to the start of August. He’ll be here well before that.

pretty standard for a 2 - 3 week break for international players so if they go all the way could be looking at 22nd July.

for that reason I don’t think he will be regularly starting until October.

Yeah - assume Italy reach u21's final on 8th July - then he comes straight here for media stuff - then off for 4 weeks from say the 10th

Basically his pre season will start when our season kicks off

38 minutes ago, STM said:

You think they haven't already taken a photo of him with the shirt on? :aww:

In Newcastle? In some private hospital in Romania sure. 

I think we’ve actually been waiting for unveiling videos before which has delayed confirmations fwiw 

Just now, Lazarus said:

Yeah - assume Italy reach u21's final on 8th July - then he comes straight here for media stuff - then off for 4 weeks from say the 10th

Basically his pre season will start when our season kicks off

He wont have 4 weeks off, a week maybe 10 days max.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

He wont have 4 weeks off, a week maybe 10 days max.

As if they’ll not allow him to take a break after a long, taxing season. My guess is he’ll arrive late for pre-season training and Eddie will ease him in very slowly, which he would probably have done regardless.

So Edwards claimed our targets were Lavia, Walker-Peters, Ward-Prowse, Tyler Adams, Maddison and Barnes. Then he writes some shite about us closing in on Barella and linked us with Nmecha. Then he said we might only buy 2 players. The guy is honestly clueless. We should honestly stop listening to anything he says. I'm blocked anyway now [emoji38]

16 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Even if we sell ASM I don’t think we will buy a new player wide left. Gordon was bought as the opportunity came along to pick him up earlier than expected rather than us being short in that position.

Gordons now a Striker - haven't you heard, done well there for England U21's

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

Gordons now a Striker - haven't you heard, done well there for England U21's

Not entirely surprised. I have wondered whether he'd be better in a more advanced and central role, perhaps around a main striker like Bellamy / Beardsley. 

However, Eddie doesn't seem to favour that formation.

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough linked for 7.5m. England youth international, highly rated. Other Prem teams mentioned in the race. 

Always class for me in FM :lol:

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Without wanting to stereotype (but doing it anyway), I’m sure the entirety of Ligue 1 midfielders with African heritage all share about 5 surnames.

Where did the Szobo links come from, was it a credible source? Weve already concluded that all reporters here havent a clue about the club or targets, so im genuinely interested why most people are convinced hes a target for us. 

Just now, WinstonFC said:

Where did the Szobo links come from, was it a credible source? Weve already concluded that all reporters here havent a clue about the club or targets, so im genuinely interested why most people are convinced hes a target for us. 

Sky Sports Germany