NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

It seems like Howe likes to play a more defensive minded left back, given that Trippier is attacking from the other side. Cucurella would fit that profile. But as others pointed out I can't really see it with those wages. It's funny if it's true that Chelsea didn't want to sell to us because they saw us as  a "top 4 rival" in january, and then they finished 12th.:lol:

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Tomiyasu has never played LB though? 

Came on and played there on Saturday. So would assume he's ahead of Tierney in Arteta's thoughts. 

Edited by alexf

11 minutes ago, alexf said:

Came on and played there on Saturday. So would assume he's ahead of Tierney in Arteta's thoughts. 

Aye, because he was on the bench and came on because of Timbers injury as their defensive options were limited. Had Tierney been on the bench, undoubtedly he would’ve come on instead. 

Sounds like Timber might be out for a while. And didn't know Zinchenko was injured and had missed pre season, so sounds like Tierney will likely be staying. Arsenal supporting mate reckons Kiwior and potentially Tomiyasu would start LB ahead of Tierney, though. Which is weird. 

Edit: This has all already been discussed.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Sounds like Timber might be out for a while. And didn't know Zinchenko was injured and had missed pre season, so sounds like Tierney will likely be staying. Arsenal supporting mate reckons Kiwior and potentially Tomiyasu would start LB ahead of Tierney, though. Which is weird. 

Edit: This has all already been discussed.

Arteta hates Tierney, i feel. 

Would really like Tierney here. But definitely not for an obligation to buy. Cucurella I remember standing out in that Brighton side. Could add another dimension from an attacking sense but he’s been truly an abomination at Chelsea. Still think there’s a player there.  

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe that Arsenal will see benefit in loaning Tierney to Newcastle as it would improve us and hurt the chance of Chelsea or Liverpool getting Champions League football next year. Arsenal know the damage that missing out on the CL for consecutive seasons can do to a club…. 

Well, we can dream can’t we?

Edited by gazza ladra

8 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe that Arsenal will see benefit in loaning Tierney to Newcastle as it would improve us and hurt the chance of Chelsea or Liverpool getting Champions League football next year. Arsenal know the damage that missing out on the CL for consecutive seasons can do to a club…. 

Well, we can dream can’t we?

This goes beyond conspiracy theory.