NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

15 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Being honest mate that’s exactly the type of character neeone wants. 

Absolutely...if he can't be arsed to continue in a Saudi game because he's losing, then he's got no chance in this league let alone with us

I'm fine with the transfer window, we needed a squad and it was right we thought about the future, even if it affected the present slightly.

However, I'd really like us to remember what brought about our transformation, namely the signings of Trippier, Burn, Bruno and Targett, who all had years of experience.

Barnes was the oldest player we bought in the summer and he isn't exactly the leadership/experienced type.

I'm not advocating signing 30+ers, but I'd love us to look at Trippier types who've been there and done it in the big games. I always look at Casemiro and his affect on Man United in the Carabao Cup final for example.

Look at City signing Kovacic or Arsenal signing Jorginho. This is where I'd be looking.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think anyone expecting any major business in January is going to be disappointed.

There's no doubt that we COULD IMO, I don't believe this tosh about FFP. It's a rolling thing, so it depends how much we want for future windows.

Age old stick or twist, ultimately it will come down to who is available.

I just can't see a window where we don't sign someone.

Just now, STM said:

There's no doubt that we COULD IMO, I don't believe this tosh about FFP. It's a rolling thing, so it depends how much we want for future windows.

Age old stick or twist, ultimately it will come down to who is available.

I just can't see a window where we don't sign someone.

It is a rolling thing and for the last two years we’ve been making losses :lol:

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Only loan deal I can see is if it included an obligation, and with Tonali back next season I can’t see us going for that. 

I honestly think we are still a midfielder light even with Tonali being available 

Just now, Mikky said:

I honestly think we are still a midfielder light even with Tonali being available 

Our midfield composition is awkward, we have so many box to box players but so few actual creative players or holding players. My major concern is Bruno, we are running him into the ground and still have no cover for him. 

25 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It is a rolling thing and for the last two years we’ve been making losses :lol:

Its like we havent spend a fuckload since the takeover covering two seasons and Ashleys last year we lost £70m with wages 95% of turnover. Thats an impressive three year roll to somehow jump over in January [emoji38]

Just now, Fezzle said:

Its like we havent spend a fuckload since the takeover covering two seasons and Ashleys last year we lost £70m with wages 95% of turnover. Thats an impressive three year roll to somehow jump over in January [emoji38]

Agree, the 95% thing is something we shouldn’t fixate on given our depressed revenues and the provisions made for salaries in full. 

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Agree, the 95% thing is something we shouldn’t fixate on given our depressed revenues and the provisions made for salaries in full. 

Yes in terms of overall accounting but for FFP its a damning figure you cant avoid that year

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We still don’t know how desperate we will be for signings yet either, if we go in to January out of Europe then I’d argue we don’t need to sign anyone till the summer tbh.

Possibly, I’m sure they are taking very careful stock. 

I’m still surprised we haven’t fudged more sponsors as PIF have a lot of portfolio companies. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Possibly, I’m sure they are taking very careful stock. 

I’m still surprised we haven’t fudged more sponsors as PIF have a lot of portfolio companies. 

According to Douglas and Edwards we do have quite a lot more sponsors lined up.

When I open up a fresh tab on  MS Edge then it gives me news stories. One was by a website called "caughtoffside" that reckons that because of the Tonali situation we are back in for "Man United Ace"...yep, The Scottish Footballer rumours are being peddled again.

On 25/10/2023 at 11:20, The Prophet said:

Why two? 

We need a decent player for loan now when Tonali wont be avaiable, and then buy a very good midfielder. Bruno is in his own tier meanwhile the rest in theirs, we need a midfielder in Brunos tier/level