NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Total guess, but I reckon there’s zero chance of the club loaning from the KSA league.  Two reasons - the KSA league is the PIF’s priority, and the club won’t want the inevitable pissing, whining and moaning from the rest of the PL, especially Liverpool and Spurs.  To date, they’ve been playing everything by the book. 

I mean, we have suddenly got huge deals on our sleeve sponsor and shirt sponsor from PIF owned Saudi companies.

A point worth mentioning. How many of these players in SA have the hunger and attitude on a sporting level? How many of these have the right type of ambition and mentality to really make Howe want them and think they are the right ingredients to evolve us even further. Never mind their wages. I don’t see us signing a single one from there. Don’t want any of them either. Imo they are players that I can see ManU signing. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

A point worth mentioning. How many of these players in SA have the hunger and attitude on a sporting level? How many of these have the right type of ambition and mentality to really make Howe want them and think they are the right ingredients to evolve us even further. Never mind their wages. I don’t see us signing a single one from there. Don’t want any of them either. Imo they are players that I can see ManU signing. 

Well do whatever we can & have to do, exhausting all possible options :indi:

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Well do whatever we can & have to do, exhausting all possible options :indi:

Obviously. Not sure what your point is regarding my post mate. We will do what we want and can, of course. However I’m pretty certain that SA isn’t gonna be the route we decide to go. Next to no chance. 

Edited by Ikon

14 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Total guess, but I reckon there’s zero chance of the club loaning from the KSA league.  Two reasons - the KSA league is the PIF’s priority, and the club won’t want the inevitable pissing, whining and moaning from the rest of the PL, especially Liverpool and Spurs.  To date, they’ve been playing everything by the book. 

I'm not so sure we will see much push back against PIF in future as the Saudi League changes the whole the situation. Liverpool and Spurs will want to have good relations with PIF because in the grand scheme of things they are an excellent business partner to have where you can get rid of the players you don't want for good money. Liverpool would have been over the over the moon to get over £50 million for Henderson and Fabinho. Next summer, what ever the optics in public, they will be delighted to get the money that is being spoken about for Salah. 

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Obviously. Not sure what your point is regarding my post mate. We will do what we want and can, of course. However I’m pretty certain that SA isn’t gonna be the route we decide to go. Next to no chance. 

I think if that’s an option they deem necessary they’ll use it. Not saying they will, but I have no doubt they will if it suits the criteria at the time. Let’s see. They’ll be doing something in January. Exciting times :indi:

4 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I'm not so sure we will see much push back against PIF in future as the Saudi League changes the whole the situation. Liverpool and Spurs will want to have good relations with PIF because in the grand scheme of things they are an excellent business partner to have where you can get rid of the players you don't want for good money. Liverpool would have been over the over the moon to get over £50 million for Henderson and Fabinho. Next summer, what ever the optics in public, they will be delighted to get the money that is being spoken about for Salah. 

Pep nailed it. Everybody opens the door and greets them with open arms when the Saudi’s come knocking! Despite  their prior demonstrations. 

51 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Which are in line with market expectations.  Not a freebie or inflated. 

If we could have gotten deals worth that much without PIF connections we would. We're taken advantage of PIF as much as we can within the rules, but we're abusing it as much as we can.

2 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

If we could have gotten deals worth that much without PIF connections we would. We're taken advantage of PIF as much as we can within the rules, but we're abusing it as much as we can.

The players in the KSA league who are any good are on grossly inflated wages - I think there will be a problem if we loan one and pay a fraction of their salary 

On 04/11/2023 at 07:15, Unbelievable said:

I like Koopmeiners, but he’s not the type of midfield player we need imo (neither a 6 or a creative one).

I watched a fair bit of Atalanta last season and I really like Koopmeiners.

Think he'd be great as a number 8 in our system. He'd add goal scoring with his shooting from outside the box, which we really lack, and would be useful when teams sit deeper against us.

Aside from that he's just a well rounded midfielder, with good movement, technique, passing and workrate. Wicked left footed free kick too.

If longer term we go back to using Joelinton on the left with Barnes and Gordon more on the right with Almiron. Then perhaps a midfield of Bruno, Tonali and Koopmeiners makes sense, and in my opinion would be a great trio.

Otherwise, I'm not sure we bring in another midfielder of that level of quality.

Our next midfielder has to be a 6 or has to be as close to a 10 as possible.

The issue is we have a fully stocked midfield engine room with Longstaff, Joelinton and Willock all excellent 8s in Eddie’s system. We have Bruno who is our best 6 and arguably a top 8 but with massive ? Over his athleticism to play the 8 role here (I suspect Howe sees this; it worked Bruno’s first half season here but we didn’t press nearly as much then). We have young Miley and Anderson knocking on the door and it’s our duty to keep developing them. Last but not least we have Tonali who is a 6/8 hybrid with far better athleticism than Bruno but not as good creatively. 

I’ll maintain that a Neves or true on DM seems to make the most sense for us and should be used situationally. We look a different beast in our energy when we’ve got Joelinton, Longstaff and Willock playing together. 

23 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

If you could take 3 players from Saudi league? Which 3 would you take?

I think Neves, Veiga and Mahrez would be amazing. Laporte close 4th

If we are talking short term loan deals then it would be Mahrez, Kante and Firmino.

The only one of those three that can still play consistently at the top level is Mahrez, who is an incredible player. Kante was an extremely physical player and doesn’t have it anymore. Firming was also a brilliant player but he’s also past it 

On 04/11/2023 at 18:26, TheBrownBottle said:

The players in the KSA league who are any good are on grossly inflated wages - I think there will be a problem if we loan one and pay a fraction of their salary 

This has happened with players for years..

I'm sure Leeds were paying most of Robbie Fowler's wages when he moved to city

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

This has happened with players for years..

I'm sure Leeds were paying most of Robbie Fowler's wages when he moved to city

Yep, you’re absolutely right - but the two clubs have no links beyond being in the same league.  I’m willing to bet the PL will go down the ‘related party’ line - I’d also bet that this route is either closed or made tougher before January