NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

The chances he gets at Everton will be very different to the ones here. Less of them, more pressure on the next one. 

Think his strike rate under ancellotti is probably more telling of what level he's at. 

IMG_6291.thumb.jpeg.1e8626707fda25c45d638baeae3e3b20.jpegIMG_6292.thumb.jpeg.2cf8089a63a0516065dee474915930ec.jpeg

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Abysmal at finishing, because you saw him missing some big chances? My goodness man.

I think his goalscoring record reflects that, too. My goodness, man. 

The player who underachieved the most compared to his xG.

I guess that could be taken either way.

But no thanks.... certainly nothing over £15m.

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

There’s some folk on here just happy to sign any fucker, not a fan of DCL think we can do a lot better and show a bit more imagination.

To be fair, I am one of the people happy to sign anyone. Anyone that Eddie wants is the obvious caveat. 

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Still think if we can find an Isak, we can find better than DCL. 

we cant afford another Isak. and he didnt come to be a back up striker.

I learnt after the Gordon signing to never doubt the club/Howe again regarding transfers. That being said I’d go for someone other than DCL and I suspect we will.

I've always rated DCL as a player. Was a nightmare to defend against a couple of years ago.

I'd back the club to get him back to that. 

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

When we signed Wilson he was an injury prone striker. Would you say it's been a worthwhile signing or no?

Isn't the whole reason people are happy to sell Wilson is because he's always injured? 

14 minutes ago, STM said:

I've always rated DCL as a player. Was a nightmare to defend against a couple of years ago.

I'd back the club to get him back to that. 

Howe couldn't get Ritchie back to his best so it doesn't always work.

6 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Howe couldn't get Ritchie back to his best so it doesn't always work.

:lol::pow:

8 minutes ago, vexred said:

If DCL is £15M or under I'm not mad, but I can see it being £25M and I'd prefer someone else for that kind of money. 

What if it was 15m + 10m if achieves goals/appearances?;)

Kinda sucks that we're having to look at players that we need to get back to their best. 

I'd prefer players who are in the early stages of their upwards curve. 

If this is the only way we can get around PSR then I guess so be it. 

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

We were buying untapped potential with Gordon and Isak though.

Signing DCL would be similar to signing Antony Martial from Man Utd, it is a signing that if any of the other clubs pushing for European football were to make we would be laughing at them, instead we are hoping Howe can work some magic with him.

Only if they were signed as a starter. DCL won't be. Any striker we get, won't be. Isak is undisputed number one, just need someone who can be 2nd option, happy with that, and reliable to contribute with some quality.

I'd rather get some exotic, but if they're not getting solid minutes, they may not settle and it's deemed a bad deal.

53 minutes ago, Pablo123 said:

I think his goalscoring record reflects that, too. My goodness, man. 

Ah, hear we go again. The good old goal scoring record.

The answer to everything. 

5 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Only if they were signed as a starter. DCL won't be. Any striker we get, won't be. Isak is undisputed number one, just need someone who can be 2nd option, happy with that, and reliable to contribute with some quality.

I'd rather get some exotic, but if they're not getting solid minutes, they may not settle and it's deemed a bad deal.

We would still laugh at them if they spent £25 million on DCL.

It isn’t about exotic by the way, Howe prefers players with Premier League experience unless they have a high ceiling and I don’t have an issue with that.

What I would prefer is that we buy someone that can cover out wide and go through the middle to offer that depth all across the front line, at least that way we can interchange during games too.

Just now, Elliottman said:

Is this 4 pages of DCL chat based on a link from talk sport?! 

Hopefully, as that would mean it's not happening. I remain with that mindset.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

we cant afford another Isak. and he didnt come to be a back up striker.

Missed the point entirely.

If we can find someone as good as isak under the noses of everyone, surely we have more imagination that looking at DCL.

Maybe our scouting team is seeing something I just don't with him

33 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ah, hear we go again. The good old goal scoring record.

The answer to everything. 

It's pretty important if you play with one man upfront, I'd say, but I bow down to your vastly superior knowledge.

I don't think any other team in the top 8 would take him. I like his all-round game, he's a handful, but I'd keep Wilson if he was the alternative.