NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

That wasn't optimistic it was stupid

Most of the fees that get thrown around are stupid.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Something that narks me about random accounts who act as ITKs posting shit like that. :lol:

Removed the tweet when I realised it's just for followers, haha.. Don't want to help him out. Seems like he has been saying it will happen this week etc. Clearly not ITK.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Wish I could believe we were getting £15m for a 34 year old but it sounds like the optimistic talk of getting £60m for Maxi last year.

Sure, if its not credible we just keep him. Possible he has at least one more strong year in him.

I’d love to be able to sell him, sure the club would. He’s a ball and chain of increasing length given his contract length, salary and the quality of player now ahead of him.

Realistically he’s going out on loan to a newly promoted club with us covering at least half his wage.

If we manage to sell him, happy days, too young for Saudi?

I feel sorry for Matt Targett. He has been incredibly unlucky tbh. 
He came to us when we were broken and in desperate need, and I think he was outstanding in that loan period. 
Unfortunately injuries can have such a negative impact…

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Still cannot fathom that he’d have been given a 100k per week contract. Can’t be true. Trippier is on about 120 ffs. Where’s this come from? 

Some random website and it's been taken as gospel ever since. :lol:

Posted (edited)

I guess the one positive of not being in Europe is we’re finally getting rid of some dead wood. 

I wonder with the less demands on squad depth needed with less games we’ll focus more on quality. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I guess the one positive of not being in Europe is we’re finally getting rid of some dead wood. 

I wonder with the less demands on squad depth needed with less games we’ll focus more on quality. 

I could have reluctantly accepted Dummett getting another year as the token 9-10th defender in the ECL squad and ticking a home grown box, but wasn't seeing the point in seeing Ritchie's name being mentioned for one. 

Nobody is paying a fee for Targett. Best case scenario we give him away, but more likely he goes out on loan and we will have to subsidize half his wage.

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

Nobody is paying a fee for Targett. Best case scenario we give him away, but more likely he goes out on loan and we will have to subsidize half his wage.

Why is noone paying a fee?

I'd rather keep him as a sub than loan him out.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Becasue he's barely kicked a ball in two years due to injury.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Because in the world of Beth everything is terrible and worthless. 

13 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Because in the world of Beth everything is terrible and worthless. 

Imagine being more pessimistic than me. That is a feat deserved of a reward to @Beth :lol:

What fee do you reckon we’ll get for Targett then lads? What’s the market like for 28 year old left backs who can’t stay fit and are, at their very best, average Premier League players?

7 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

What fee do you reckon we’ll get for Targett then lads? What’s the market like for 28 year old left backs who can’t stay fit and are, at their very best, average Premier League players?

£25m according to a few on here.

8 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

5-10m. 

Yes he has had some injury issues recently which he should be over come pre season. He’s a very capable and dependable fullback with bags of premier league experience. Good signing for any side in the bottom half of the table who want some experience.