NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think he will be a regular in the not too distant future. 

At the expense of who? Unless they go bold and play a fluid front 4 of Guler, Vini, Kylian and Rodrigo with two hold midfielders 

2 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

At the expense of who? Unless they go bold and play a fluid front 4 of Guler, Vini, Kylian and Rodrigo with two hold midfielders 

Can’t see them dropping Bellingham like :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

Not sure who, but I think he will be a regular starter if not this coming season then the next one. Not necessarily starting every game, no.  Their depth is becoming too vast. 

Edited by Ikon

7 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

Apparently their plan is for him to replace Modric eventually, it was one of the things they sold to him when signing 

12 minutes ago, NSG said:

Can’t see them dropping Bellingham like :lol: 

Oops forgot to include the greatest English player in a generation, just shows the embarrassment of riches they have. Many of them are young too. Champions league is going to be dull for the next 10 years

39 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

and where does Joselu fit into all this. God they've got some tricky decisions to make.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens this transfer window with our defenders. We currently have 12 defenders on our books and 6 of those defenders only have one year left on their contract. Those are:

Trippier- sell if an offer comes in?

Schar- offer a year extension?

Lascelles- release after this season?

Krafth- try and sell now?

Burn- offer a year extension

Lewis- try and loan/ sell

With defenders with longer deals that leaves:

Ashby

Livramento

Botman

Kelly

Targett

Hall

Ashby is untested at premier league level and Targett is probably unwanted. After this season that would leave:

Livramento

Botman

Kelly

Hall

Burn

Schar

Meaning we need to sign 2 or 3 new defenders either this season or next. It’ll be interesting to see how many get purchased this window in comparison to next.

Isn't Palmer at his best at RW? Would Olise want to be on the bench? 

Unless they move Palmer in the middle as a 10, but having Caicedo and Fernandez behind him would get played through so easily imo

6 hours ago, janpawel said:

Isn't Palmer at his best at RW? Would Olise want to be on the bench? 

Unless they move Palmer in the middle as a 10, but having Caicedo and Fernandez behind him would get played through so easily imo

He played as a 10 most the second half of the season with Madueke on the right.

Am I jealous of how easy Chelsea seem to find ways to buy players ... Yes.

But that's balanced with the fact there seems to be no plan in place about who they buy, just they can buy.

A bit like me playing Monopoly where I just buy the first things I land on because I've no idea what the hell I'm doing but I know it pisses everyone else off.

You have to question the sporting integrity of any player that moves to Chelsea at this stage. The club is a shitshow. Run by utter buffoons, managed by someone different every season and the expectations of the fans are ridiculous.

Any of them who say they are relishing the challenge or whatever other platitudes they spew when signing are lying. 

6 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

You have to question the sporting integrity of any player that moves to Chelsea at this stage. The club is a shitshow. Run by utter buffoons, managed by someone different every season and the expectations of the fans are ridiculous.

Any of them who say they are relishing the challenge or whatever other platitudes they spew when signing are lying. 

I think this is harsh, ultimately Chelsea are investing more than clubs around them paying higher salaries and have been successful over the last 20 years. 

We all love to laugh at them but they have a lot of talented players who will improve under the right guidance. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think this is harsh, ultimately Chelsea are investing more than clubs around them paying higher salaries and have been successful over the last 20 years. 

We all love to laugh at them but they have a lot of talented players who will improve under the right guidance. 

Exactly. They finished sixth last season. Presumably they’ll be able to chuck more money at it again this season. Hardly unreasonable to hold the view that they’ll be back in the CL again after this coming season.

It's their business model hovering up the top talents/ assets. They can do this since they have a top academy producing decent players that they can sell for pure profit plus the reset from the Roman era. If FFP continues to be in place and for us to reach the same level, it is imperative that we develop a top-notch academy ourselves in addition to being regular European participants.

I still dislike them anyway. :lol:

Chelsea have just chucked away a seasoned manager that showed excellent form for half a season for... Enzo Maresca. He's a totally unproven gamble they've employed to not push back on transfer choices.

It shows that they're still running at least a portion of a clown show. Olise showed last summer he takes his career seriously, I think he'd want more assurances of the stability of the project.

To be honest, I wouldn't be completely shocked if the kid backs himself, signs the new contract for another season at Palace in hopes of a CL team being in for him next Summer. The presence of another release clause means, assuming he has another strong season, he will have plenty sides in for him next Summer as well.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Obviously while I'd love him to sign for us, it'd be great if Olise signed a new contract.

Couple more players and they'd be a definite force. 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Obviously while I'd love him to sign for us, it'd be great if Olise signed a new contract.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign the new contract then Liverpool pay the release clause next summer to replace Salah.

I reckon Olise might stay at Palace another year if a Champions League club doesn't come in for him (obviously there's Bayern, but not sure that's his dream move).

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign the new contract then Liverpool pay the release clause next summer to replace Salah.

Now that's a shout.

14 hours ago, BonesJones said:

and where does Joselu fit into all this. God they've got some tricky decisions to make.

Joselu not being a Real Madrid player should help with that you would imagine, unless they choose to buy him this summer which seems pretty unlikely now