NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Even if the payment is upfront it will end up spread over the length of the deal in the books. Same as players transfer fees.

Would it ? Transfer fees incoming g are one lump, outgoings are spread aren't they ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

Would it ? Transfer fees incoming g are one lump, outgoings are spread aren't they ?

Yes because the income goes in the period it relates to. If it’s £10m contract over 10 years then you show £1m income per year.

If you sell a player then it’s a single transaction, so you show the full income when the deal is done. 

Just now, madras said:

It’s just how the accounting works, a 5 year sponsorship deal the income would be split over 5 years regardless of when the bill was paid.

Incoming transfer fees come are all at once as there’s no further relationship- the player has gone

I'm more perplexed as to why anyone would be surprised at our lack of trade than perplexed at the lack of trade itself. 

Our most coveted players are Bruno,  Gordon and Isak and they are rightly not for sale at anything less than obscene prices which almost no one is in a position to pay.  

Who's next? Botman, Willock, Lascelles, Targett - all injured. Joelinton just signed a new contract. Tonali/Tino/Barnes have been here five minutes. 

Unless we're open to offloading crucial squad players like Pope, Schar, Burn and Murphy for negligible fees then we are left with the same names that have cropped up over and over again:

Trippier - with England, 30+, big wages

Almiron - with Paraguay, 30+, big wages

Dubravka - with Slovakia, 35+

Wilson - a crock, 30+, big wages

Longstaff - not a great player

Anderson - jury still out

Minteh - the only wild card

Meanwhile everyone in England is up against it due to PSR.

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

It’s just how the accounting works, a 5 year sponsorship deal the income would be split over 5 years regardless of when the bill was paid.

Incoming transfer fees come are all at once as there’s no further relationship- the player has gone

Yeah I get that, I was taking issue with the "like transfer fees" bit

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm more perplexed as to why anyone would be surprised at our lack of trade than perplexed at the lack of trade itself. 

Our most coveted players are Bruno,  Gordon and Isak and they are rightly not for sale at anything less than obscene prices which almost no one is in a position to pay.  

Who's next? Botman, Willock, Lascelles, Targett - all injured. Joelinton just signed a new contract. Tonali/Tino/Barnes have been here five minutes. 

Unless we're open to offloading crucial squad players like Pope, Schar, Burn and Murphy for negligible fees then we are left with the same names that have cropped up over and over again:

Trippier - with England

Almiron - with Paraguay

Dubravka - with Slovakia

Wilson - a crock on huge wages

Longstaff - not a great player

Anderson - just still out

Minteh - the only wild card

Meanwhile everyone in England is up against it due to PSR.

Wasn't Bruno in Brazil when we signed him ?

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He wasn't at Copa America. 

I didn't say he was. He was in Brazil with the Brazil squad though, world cup qualifier V Paraguay (just checked) He had his medical over there.

Just now, madras said:

I didn't say he was. He was in Brazil with the Brazil squad though, world cup qualifier V Paraguay (just checked) He had his medical over there.

Yeah I know, but I'm saying there's a difference between being on routine international duty and being holed-up in a squad camp for a major tournament.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Still pretty confident we'll shift Minteh before the Sunday deadline.

What a time to be alive! :lol:

Seriously all it really shows is the real value of some our current first teamers.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

It's not even July and we've signed a player. :lol:

I'd have killed for this shit 5/6 years ago.

I've said before, wait until the second week in July.

People aren’t talking about us not signing anyone, it’s about a points deduction if we fail to sell.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Seriously all it really shows is the real value of some our current first teamers.

Agree it’s not great if we’ve found ourselves in this situation due to PSR in last week. I’m sure nobody at the club wants Minteh to be sold prior to Howe being able to fully assess him.

First mistake from new owners and highlights need for DOF with deal making credentials asap.

44 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah I know, but I'm saying there's a difference between being on routine international duty and being holed-up in a squad camp for a major tournament.

Not a great deal of difference. 99% of the deal will be agents, then a medical which could well be held in mitigation if need be.

The major thing is the majority are players it'll be a struggle to shift quickly. I think Longstaff and Wilson will be away but that will be when the market starts moving a bit and clubs ha e a better idea where they are etc.

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

Plus their ages and wages. A 21yr old Miggy on 10k we'd have been able to shift easy enough

If we get DCL as a back up striker to Isak, when he should also have a lesser workload next season due to no Europe, and having Gordon in reserve at a pinch, I think it could work for us.

Yes, Minteh might end up as a world beater, but put in a buy-back clause if he can cut it after a season in the PL with Everton.

Allows us to concentrate on RW, defence and GK.

Edited by Abacus

1 minute ago, madras said:

Plus their ages and wages. A 21yr old Miggy on 10k we'd have been able to shift easy enough

Yes I agree, but that just means we have to be able to see these things coming and take age and wages into account. Miggy and Trippier could have been prospectively sold in January, I just wonder how hard nose we were about it, and whether Howe's valuation of their leadership etc might have made us too soft to push them through.

Just now, TRon said:

Yes I agree, but that just means we have to be able to see these things coming and take age and wages into account. Miggy and Trippier could have been prospectively sold in January, I just wonder how hard nose we were about it, and whether Howe's valuation of their leadership etc might have made us too soft to push them through.

Didn't Miggy just not want to go ?