NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

20 minutes ago, tinoasprilla said:

I really do not see what other do in MGW what’s his goals and assist ratio like?  Guessing Hudson odoi and elanga are better.  Not that I’d go for either of them

Hunger. Desire. Doesn’t hide. Comfort on the ball. Good technique. Eye for a pass. 10 assists last season. Got a goal threat in him. 5 goals last season. 

One of the few players that came to SJP last season and stood out for me. Seem to recall him and Gordon playing well together in the U21 finals.

As for the financials will be in our wage reach but fee obviously not as good value as getting him from Wolves which is my only doubt as the versatility he offers is what EH looks for.

17 minutes ago, tinoasprilla said:

I really do not see what other do in MGW what’s his goals and assist ratio like?  Guessing Hudson odoi and elanga are better.  Not that I’d go for either of them

MGW - 6 goals 10 assists in 42 games, 1 goal every 588 mins

Elanga - 5 goals 9 assists in 39 games, 1 goal every 535 mins

Hudson-Odoi - 8 goals 2 assists in 34 games,  1 goal every 273 mins

Jacob Murphy - 3 goals 8 assists in 28 games, 1 goal every 533 mins

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

What was Gordon's like at Everton ?

Stats are helpful but not the whole story and those stas are the most basic of all. Like judging a keeper on clean sheets.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

What was Gordon's like at Everton ?

Stats are helpful but not the whole story and those stas are the most basic of all. Like judging a keeper on clean sheets.

True. Dubravka almost had a clean sheet against England from facing no shots on target. Then conceded the only two shots he faced on target.

Just now, Skeletor said:

True. Dubravka almost had a clean sheet against England from facing no shots on target. Then conceded the only two shots he faced on target.

Although Jude's goal was spectacular.

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Linked with Alessandro Buingiorno again in the Italian press 

We appear to have a scattergun approach to buying a new CB, with Kilman and Quansah being chased in part ex deals.

I think we went all in expecting to get Tosin and are now having to start the whole CB search again.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

We appear to have a scattergun approach to buying a new CB, with Kilman and Quansah being chased in part ex deals.

I think we went all in expecting to get Tosin and are now having to start the whole CB search again.

This is a very pessimistic way of looking at it like. We probably have a list of players who we deem would fit and the first two are definitely on that list. As for the Italian if the rumours is coming from that side I wouldn’t put too much stock in it. 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This is a very pessimistic way of looking at it like. We probably have a list of players who we deem would fit and the first two are definitely on that list. As for the Italian if the rumours is coming from that side I wouldn’t put too much stock in it. 

I am not sure if the first two were on the list, more that we were desperate to sell and PSR slowly killing the market in terms of available money to spend for most clubs, so we were looking at being creative to help facilitate sales.

It will be interesting to see if we go back in for either of the above with a straight cash offer now we are in a new financial period.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I am not sure if the first two were on the list, more that we were desperate to sell and PSR slowly killing the market in terms of available money to spend for most clubs, so we were looking at being creative to help facilitate sales.

It will be interesting to see if we go back in for either of the above with a straight cash offer now we are in a new financial period.

The Liverpool lad is untouchable it seems as for Kilman I doubt it, I think he’s slight outside of the age group we are aiming for. 

Stats are just one thing on the paper. MGW technique is something else, and he will 100% be playing this season with a point to prove because he sees himself as being in England squad.

I do feel with Anderson fee, it’s with a view in mind of getting MGW. Good for Forest books and they have a replacement already they like, good for us.

7 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Goal involvements is a much better high level metric imo. MGW is involved in a goal every 2.6 games.

Elanga 2.78

CHO 3.4

Murphy 2.54

Doesn't even begin to tell you the whole story though.

Mental that people don't rate MGW, he's absolutely class. 

There's nothing not to like, big, strong, quick, good feet, big game player, leadership, versatile and he's got so much more to give.

"Regardless of whether they had managed to get players out before June 30, Newcastle were always going to be able to spend from July 1 — but recouping more than £60million gives them a greater capacity to invest, as that permits breathing space across the new three-year rolling PSR period.

With 2021-22, the first season post-takeover, dropping off the books, that means a loss of £70.7m is removed from the calculation.

Although a portion of that did not count towards PSR, most did, so there is increased room.

What’s more, revenues have increased substantially over the past two seasons and, with the first year of the lucrative Adidas deal — worth between £25m and £40m annually — also being added to the books, Newcastle should be able to strengthen their squad materially.

There remain PSR limitations, but Newcastle are no longer shackled and unable to sign players for a fee as they were in January."

Chuck some player sales on and we should have a decent amount to spend this summer. Also:

"Their priorities are centre-back, right-winger and a forward, although the latter may depend on whether Callum Wilson departs. Newcastle are also pausing and reassessing their recruitment plans following the fallout from the weekend."

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

"Regardless of whether they had managed to get players out before June 30, Newcastle were always going to be able to spend from July 1 — but recouping more than £60million gives them a greater capacity to invest, as that permits breathing space across the new three-year rolling PSR period.

With 2021-22, the first season post-takeover, dropping off the books, that means a loss of £70.7m is removed from the calculation.

Although a portion of that did not count towards PSR, most did, so there is increased room.

What’s more, revenues have increased substantially over the past two seasons and, with the first year of the lucrative Adidas deal — worth between £25m and £40m annually — also being added to the books, Newcastle should be able to strengthen their squad materially.

There remain PSR limitations, but Newcastle are no longer shackled and unable to sign players for a fee as they were in January."

Chuck some player sales on and we should have a decent amount to spend this summer. Also:

"Their priorities are centre-back, right-winger and a forward, although the latter may depend on whether Callum Wilson departs. Newcastle are also pausing and reassessing their recruitment plans following the fallout from the weekend."

Sounds fucking good to me.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

sounds good

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not a fan of a pause, I need some concrete rumours.

I think Gibbs White is brilliant but I don't think he'd fit into our current system with 3 centre mids or on the right wing. 

I think he'd be great as a number 10 behind Isak but we rarely play with one

I'd like us to sign him and change our system rather than shoehorn him onto the right wing

14 minutes ago, STM said:

Mental that people don't rate MGW, he's absolutely class. 

There's nothing not to like, big, strong, quick, good feet, big game player, leadership, versatile and he's got so much more to give.

He is a good player, but not really what we need.