Tino Livramento

Yorkie

You can't hate a guy for wanting first team football but if that's true it seems very short-sighted. Not to mention we'll be competing on four fronts next season so no one on the fringes is gonna be short of game time. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You can't hate a guy for wanting first team football but if that's true it seems very short-sighted. Not to mention we'll be competing on four fronts next season so no one on the fringes is gonna be short of game time. 

It’s talbot whom is always inaccurate, would take it with a pinch of salt. 

This is probably a none starter due to fee being too high for us. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

He left Chelsea for regular game time.  He’s a PL level defender, why would he want to be on the fringes?

We need to convince him that he’ll share a lot of minutes with Trippier. If we can’t then he shouldn’t come. 

A full season in the Champ at 20 years old isn’t a terrible scenario.  

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

He left Chelsea for regular game time.  He’s a PL level defender, why would he want to be on the fringes?

We need to convince him that he’ll share a lot of minutes with Trippier. If we can’t then he shouldn’t come. 

What we'd be offering him would hardly be a terrible scenario either. He could replace Trippier in 12 months' time, meanwhile getting experience and game-time at a Champions League side. 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Normally I would agree with this but for Livermento I think it’s a bit different as his injury record is terrible. If he got another lengthy injury in Championship that would be disastrous to his career

It's always tough for a fullback as you are competing for only one position, which doenst regularly get rotated or subbed out. Can understand him thinking he may not get many minutes joining a side who's RB has just been in the team of the season. 

That’s if you believe the post. Last I heard, the deal was complicated with this sell on clause. I personally doubt he is that short sighted, I just think we’ve pulled the plug, given Soton want north of £30m now. No chance anyone pays that. 

most of our business will be done low-key and probably from Europe/Brazil with reduced wage/fees.

Edited by Toon88

Depends what you choose to believe..

Talk of southampton wanting to inflate the transfer fee to cover the 40% sell on clause is going to limit his options.

But the only ones who can afford it will no doubt have a player he sees as competition.

very unlikely both him or Southampton will get what they want

Good on him if true, it's exactly the right attitude. It's short career and he doesn't want to spend it warming a bench. At 20 years old the best payers are already established first team regulars. If he backs his own ability to do the same, fair play to him 

If true it just appears very short sighted for the player depending how its sold to him. Team on the up, long season, multiple campaigns and an aging player in front of you. One injury away from starting every week and while it's customary to keep a fixed back line rotation will be needed. 

Fair enough, but if true he wouldn’t be speaking to us at all, no? 

If he hadn’t been injured he would definitely be a target for a lot of teams, but I guess he can only choose from the people who want him.

If he thinks he should start in the PL, he’ll think he’s too good to stay in the Championship.  

He’ll have to accept some competition if he wants to get back to the PL. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

What we'd be offering him would hardly be a terrible scenario either. He could replace Trippier in 12 months' time, meanwhile getting experience and game-time at a Champions League side. 

If trippier keeps performing, Trippier will keep playing. Are we going to guarantee Libra we’ll open a pathway for him to be #1 in 12 months? I doubt it. 

If he can recapture form and fitness. He would start for at least 13 PL sides. There’s probably only 4 or 5 teams with a definitively better RB in the PL and we are one of them.  

Tbf, from what I've seen of him he looks good enough to play in most PL first teams on a regular basis. On that basis I don't blame him at all for not wanting to be back up to anyone....even Kieron Trippier.

He’s only played a single solitary season in senior football (plus two games last year), and during which, suffered a serious potentially debilitating injury which no one knows if he’s now fully recovered from. I can’t see anyone paying the money Southampton want. He played well for that one season, but another one in the championship wouldn’t be the worst thing for him to prove his form/fitness before a club takes a shot at him.