Tino Livramento

Yorkie

On 05/08/2023 at 16:12, The College Dropout said:

I wanted us to keep ASM, sign a RW and sign 2x central midfielders. 

On that basis I was advocating loaning out Gordon. He needs a solid run in a functional top level side to develop his game and learn a proper role. If we had ASM, Joelinton, Barnes, Almiron + Murphy as backup - I would want Gordon loaned out. He would be 3rd choice at best for either wing.  

As it stands we need Gordon, he’ll get plenty of minutes.  

Livramento (if fit) will get loads of minutes to develop.  

Why did you want two CMs?

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

Why did you want two CMs?

Didn’t anticipate Anderson being ready for serious minutes and expected us to push for champions league spot again. 

One Tonali type. One more Szob type that could play wide too. 

Get Barnes but keep ASM. 

I think that team (+ defensive reinforcements) can qualify for CL again and give the CL a decent go. 

As it stands FFP makes that type of investment  impossible. So we’ll do the best we can.  I’d be delighted with any type of European football again and Eddie has shown he can work miracles. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Why

He was at the game on Saturday & Sunday Assume it’s pretty much done bar the announcement 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

He was at the game on Saturday & Sunday Assume it’s pretty much done bar the announcement 

Have you paid any attention to our transfers over the last few years, we'll take another 2 weeks or so man [emoji38]

Can’t wait to see him in black and white. I love our approach in terms of the age range of every player we’ve brought in. We’re not buying the best players at their peak but a lot of our signings have the potential to be amongst the best in the world at their positions when they peak. Really exciting knowing a lot of the squad is only going to get better in the next five years 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Can’t wait to see him in black and white. I love our approach in terms of the age range of every player we’ve brought in. We’re not buying the best players at their peak but a lot of our signings have the potential to be amongst the best in the world at their positions when they peak. Really exciting knowing a lot of the squad is only going to get better in the next five years 

Especially when we know Howe actually works to improve players unlike Mourinho or Conte who just use and discard

8 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Jacob Murphy looked very good at RB yesterday and has clearly been learning from Trippier. I would cancel this transfer and focus on LB and CB with our remaining funds. 

Your joking aren't you lad? One good game at right back doesn't mean your a right back all of a sudden.