Tino Livramento: will miss remainder of season with ankle injury

Yorkie

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

FFP baffles me, had to sell Maxi for 30 million to be able to spend nearly 70 on Barnes and Livramento. (Not complaining as I think both would be cracking signings)

And we still have money left over for more :lol:

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

FFP baffles me, had to sell Maxi for 30 million to be able to spend nearly 70 on Barnes and Livramento. (Not complaining as I think both would be cracking signings)

Well, you’re not looking at the whole pie Supertoon. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I'm still not fully convinced FFP was the reason we flogged Maxi. It probably is, but it also seems like a reasonable excuse to get rid of a fan favourite.

43 minutes ago, SteV said:

WE’VE GOT VALENTINO FRANCISCO LIVRAMENTO IN THE MIDDDDDLE

He’s got Francisco in the middle

We’ve signed exactly who we need

Livramento at the end 

Valentino’s round the bend 

The longest name in the premier league 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Someone will be along with a graph to confuse you even further, any second……now!

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as people make out when they say things like 30m in means we can buy 3 players for 50m over 5 years (as this year the cost of the 50m player is just 10m).  This doesn’t take into account the following years accounts when 30m does not come in.  I guess either commercial revenue needs to keep going up or players need to be constantly sold to make up for a short fall.  I’m probably missing something though.

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as people make out when they say things like 30m in means we can buy 3 players for 50m over 5 years (as this year the cost of the 50m player is just 10m).  This doesn’t take into account the following years accounts when 30m does not come in.  I guess either commercial revenue needs to keep going up or players need to be constantly sold to make up for a short fall.  I’m probably missing something though.

I’m sorry but that sounds like management speak to me and I know how much you hate that. 

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think the simplest way my head makes sense to it all is every penny we have now goes on balance sheet this year but every spend can be stretched up to 5 years. 

Like buying a car on finance you don't need 30k now you need 6k now. 

Pushes the spending into the future so your balance sheet is still suffering for years into the future but allows you to spread it and do more with less money on a single year. 

This only becomes a problem when you have maxed out what you can do year or year as all the transfers gone by are still coming off that year's ability to spend I.e. Everton.

Edited by nufcjmc

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’m sorry but that sounds like management speak to me and I know how much you hate that. 

Please stop in man, you’re ruining my favourite forum and favourite sitcom. It’s so annoying.