Tino Livramento

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
34 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Very impressed with our business so far this window, all three incomings are cracking signings.

All a good age too. 

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Based on what? He's on significantly less than that coming off an injury. I'd be surprised if we'd 4-5x his pay in that scenario.

you can only go as low as what competitors would offer instead.

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Pope

Trippier

Lascelles

Burn

Targett

Livramento

Longstaff

Willock

Gordon

Barnes

Wilson

Eddie's dream English 11

Aye, be a few on here harbouring suspicions that he’s a brexiteer at this point.

Personally, think it’s bollocks when he clearly wanted McTominay for a bit of Gaelic flair.

37 minutes ago, STM said:

Wondering because of his size we think he can perhaps be moulded as a CB too.

I'm not suggesting we are signing him for that purpose but it could be in our long term thoughts.

Looks like a DM to me.

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

It's just how football works now, pretty sure we 5-6x Isak's pay too. £20k would be way too little for someone of Livramento's status despite the injury.

Edit. Seems like Isak went from €20k a week to £120k a week.

Those two transfers aren't really comparable in any way. Also Isak was on £48k/wk before he came here.

I'd be shocked if we give him more than £40k/wk and even that seems high (again, assuming what's available for his Southampton wages are roughly accurate).

7 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Those two transfers aren't really comparable in any way. Also Isak was on £48k/wk before he came here.

I'd be shocked if we give him more than £40k/wk and even that seems high (again, assuming what's available for his Southampton wages are roughly accurate).

Hard to find a reliable number on Isak's salary at Real Sociedad but we have to agree to disagree on Tino's potential salary. No idea what Botman got before this deal but it was nowhere near the current ~£90k and the fee would be quite similar.

I would be shocked if he didn't get at least £60k a week and £20-30k is a pipe dream IMO.

Edited by Pata

Fee seems a bit high and I'm always wary of signing players after ACLs but he's young and talented and has a high ceiling. But it's all about growing the squad over the next few years and he'll add to the group and develop.

I'm also not sure what the rush seems to be with some people this window either. We all knew that to go from relegation fodder to regular CL participants was ridiculously unrealistic but I can still sense the anger at not catching 17 teams in under 3 years. This is a long term project and it's not going to happen immediately, I'm all in favour of growing this thing year on year on year on year. Maximum possible investment, enjoy the show each week and let's see where we are in 2027. It'll happen, try and enjoy it and not stress out about filling every possible hole in the squad in the next year :lol: