Tino Livramento

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

They must think he can play left-back, right?

Otherwise this makes little to no sense. Four right-backs, a carefulness with FFP..... eh?!?!

Just one RB who is anywhere near CL-level though and he’s getting old.

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

They must think he can play left-back, right?

Otherwise this makes little to no sense. Four right-backs, a carefulness with FFP..... eh?!?!

The first two cost a whopping £18 million between them.

2 minutes ago, Tiburon said:

I’d rather we went for Walker-Peters, he can cover both right and left back roles.

That's fine, but Livramento has the potential to be the long term number 2. Not sure Walker-Peters is that good (he's very good though)

Starting to wind me up how many people seem concerned about Harrison Ashby/Krafth getting game time. He's miles better than either of them. Fuck them. [emoji38]

Ashby can go on loan and Manquillo can fuck off and the Krafth can fuck off next year.

And no, he's not being bought to play left back FFS.

Krafth improved under Howe just like everyone else but I remember thinking he must be the worst player ever to play in this league back in the day. :lol: He just doesn’t have the talent to have a future with us even if he’s a nice guy.

Edited by Pata

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

I'm just used to it being really difficult to shift out deadwood. 

Tough enough shifting Fraser, Hendrick, Lewis, Darlow, Hayden etc.

Even if we can’t shift them, we can probably afford to pay them not to play. 

Looked a real prospect until his injury and ticks a lot of boxes, he definitely stood out in a pretty poor Soton team. Looked good going forward and quite pacey too. Must say I'm a bit concerned about ripping an ACL so young but if the docs are ok with it then he'd be an asset. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Even if we can’t shift them, we can probably afford to pay them not to play. 

Didn't we write a load of their wages off. Essentially paid them off? 

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Coaches must not remotely rate Ashby.

Or he was bought as a pure insurance policy for Trippier initially with the view  that if he got no game time we could loan him out and if he performs make a quick profit on him.

It was almost a freak season last year how few defensive injuries we had. 

11 minutes ago, STM said:

Starting to wind me up how many people seem concerned about Harrison Ashby/Krafth getting game time. He's miles better than either of them. Fuck them. [emoji38]

Ashby can go on loan and Manquillo can fuck off and the Krafth can fuck off next year.

And no, he's not being bought to play left back FFS.

We spent £3m on Ashby. Absolute chicken feed in PL terms. No idea what people expect?

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Didn't we write a load of their wages off. Essentially paid them off? 

Nah,

It's just an accounting trick. You basically say the contract has no value to me in the future so I am going to take all of the remaining cost in one year. 

The cash still goes to the player every month until the contract ends / they are sold

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Nah,

It's just an accounting trick. You basically say the contract has no value to me in the future so I am going to take all of the remaining cost in one year. 

The cash still goes to the player every month until the contract ends / they are sold

Ah right, thought it may have been a lumper for each player to get them out of the door :thup:

We got Ashby because he was going to run down his contract w/ Hammers who were desperate to keep him. I would imagine West Ham offered a loan to get more playing time and he rejected it.  And we are 10m apart despite offering Ryan Fraser too? Something is odd w/ this rumor.  

When will people realize that we are unlikely to get a Dan Burn replacement?

At least not until you have cover for Trippier and also a different profile that would let a LB go out while the RB sits back more to form a 3 in the back as we do now. 

Not to mention. The drop, if any, from DB to Targett is nowhere like the drop from Tripps to anyone else.

And I'm not even a local or a huge DB fan. But the takes here calling for him to be replaced are silly.

In any case, this would be a very good add if we can make it happen. Given the buy back clause, and Chelsea not triggering it, i would say that's the ceiling. A deal to be made around 18m