Tino Livramento

Yorkie

45 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I'd argue 15m is mega money

I'll never have that much

A year ago I'd have agreed.

If inflation keeps going like this though we'll all need that much just for a pint of milk.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Livramento when fit could play for quite a few sides in the league already. Ashby is nowhere near that I don't think?

Definitely, just doesn't seem to really add up in terms of ages.

He can play on the left too, right? I wonder if we see him as an option on the left and as cover for Trippier.

If we're also still in the market for a LB then I assume we'd be open to selling Targett if we get one.

Just thinking about this but if he's 20 we won't need to register him for next season. Assuming he could go down as a cover option for left-back as well, you could feasibly get rid of Lewis, Krafth/Manquillo and then loan Ashby and still have a full back roster of:

RB

Trippier

Livramento

Krafth/Manquillo

Murphy (emergency)

LB

Burn

Targett

Dummett

Livramento

Krafth/Manquillo 

Ritchie (emergency)

And that's before you look at signing a new first choice left-back as has been mooted.

50 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I can see your thinking but didn’t HA join us to be closer North? 🙂

Maybe offer them Manq/Kraft 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Isn't he from Milton Keynes? Hardly a northern lad

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Find it a peculiar signing really. We currently have Trippier, Krafth, Ashby and Manquillo all currently on the books who can play RB so surely this means at least a couple will be on their bike. Maybe Ashby gets a loan. 

Yeah, I'm sure he's a class player, but it makes the Ashby signing a bit of a head scratcher. RB was not one of our priority positions, so he must be some prospect.

Aye Trippier will be 33 in September, and there is no way Kraft/Manquillo are going to be his successor.

We need a rotation option that can play in the premmo now, in addition to one, or several, youth options that might turn good.

We might have numbers at RB but it's probably our weakest position in terms of quality after first choice.

Manquillo/Krafth are both not good enough long term and are both out of contract next summer - while Ashby clearly needs gametime before he's PL ready.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

We might have numbers at RB but it's probably our weakest position in terms of quality after first choice.

Manquillo/Krafth are both not good enough long term and are both out of contract next summer - while Ashby clearly needs gametime before he's PL ready.

show some respect. Krafu > Trippier

Sometimes wonder if people still think we're in the Ashley days and only allowed to sign purples 

This could be a really good addition to the squad and he's got his best years a long way in front of him.