Harvey Barnes

khay

Just now, TRon said:

Yeah, Howe said as much, especially with the game going 10-15 minutes longer with the new rules in play. You need a good bench and today was the strongest I've seen in years.

The bench was probably the strongest I’ve ever seen it, even in the KK and SBR peak it was never this strong? The back four in both eras weren’t elite 

The lad looks mustard. Mentally switched on, can finish himself but knows when to lay it off to ensure the chance is converted. He'll be involved in so many goals this season if he stays fit, already looks a snip at £38m. End product and decision making looks 'off the scale' good, goals and assists in full flow already :)

2 minutes ago, midds said:

The lad looks mustard. Mentally switched on, can finish himself but knows when to lay it off to ensure the chance is converted. He'll be involved in so many goals this season if he stays fit, already looks a snip at £38m. End product and decision making looks 'off the scale' good, goals and assists in full flow already :)

Wasn't there was some character on here saying we shouldn't be buying relegated players [emoji38]

Think it's a key strategy under the right circumstances. Really glad we got him. Looks such a seamless natural fit for how we play.

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

I knew his speciality was 1-2s but what he is good at is getting nice short pass off while accelerating to full pace in one seamless movement without seemingly making any passing motion with his feet

Aye this is what I mean, he passes the ball accurately to somebody and is already ahead of the defender seemingly instantly. It's weird.

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

Thought he should’ve had a brace.

I’m sure Wilson appreciates Barnes laying that ball off to him instead of shooting himself.

Little things like that will buy him credit for the future so it was a smart move ultimately - we already had the game sealed at that point.

50 minutes ago, STM said:

Blokes a striker playing on the wing.

Nah, he's just a very efficient winger who knows when to press the buttons. He's criminally underrated out wide IMO.

I think he was a bit too patient on that Wilson chance, and Wilson got too close to the GK because of that. Wilson probably should've scored still, and it was a great save. Barnes was amazing though, what a threat he will be.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I think he was a bit too patient on that Wilson chance, and Wilson got too close to the GK because of that. Wilson probably should've scored still, and it was a great save. Barnes was amazing though, what a threat he will be.

Aye, I reckon the reason he didn’t release it sooner is he’s so used to shooting himself there and I think he was weighing up the whole time whether to go himself or release it even though he knew releasing it was the right move 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, I reckon the reason he didn’t release it sooner is he’s so used to shooting himself there and I think he was weighing up the whole time whether to go himself or release it even though he knew releasing it was the right move 

That's why the second time around I was shouting "just go for it this time!":lol: Better than hesitating. And he didn't hesitate at all that time around.

Edited by Erikse

They hate tielemans lol. Feels like he;s their Wijnaldum, he may well be good for Villa (and i don't think emery will tolerate shit performances) but the reputation seems to exceed what he actually did, he did seem to check out for them for quite some time. 

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

mmm GIF

Honestly, I can’t understand why Villa signed him.  He was powderpuff every time I saw Leicester last season.  Leicester were one of those sides you get every so often where they go down but have some really good players.  Tielemans wasn’t one of them.