Harvey Barnes

khay

Felt like he was trying to keep the peace with that second chance he created for Wilson rather than taking himself :laugh:Went against his instincts and got punished.

Glad he did the right thing on the next go :thup: Great game, the first of many no doubt.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Felt like he was trying to keep the peace with that second chance he created for Wilson rather than taking himself :laugh:Went against his instincts and got punished.

Glad he did the right thing on the next go :thup: Great game, the first of many no doubt.

Yeah I thought that, wanted to do the 'team' thing with his first chance.

Fair play. When Wilson failed to convert it, it gave Barnes full permission to shoot next time.

7 minutes ago, Leicester fan said:

Great result Newcastle brilliant start to the season. I listened to the game on the radio hoping Harvey Barnes would get on so you can all see what he can do.

He's a 100% honest player and I know your fans appreciate that. Hopefully we'll see him back at the King Power next season albeit he'll be in the wrong shirt.

He didn't disappoint and gave us exactly what we expected. An effective directness with goals and assists at the end of it.

Good luck this season, hope to see you back in the prem next season 

3 minutes ago, Ginola said:

He didn't disappoint and gave us exactly what we expected. An effective directness with goals and assists at the end of it.

Good luck this season, hope to see you back in the prem next season 

Thanks Ginola. I hope so. I hope you have a great season

35 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Thought he should’ve had a brace.

I’m sure Wilson appreciates Barnes laying that ball off to him instead of shooting himself.

Said it in the pre-game, Wilson and Barnes look made for each other. I reckon Wilson will get close to 20 goals again this season if he stays fit.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Said it in the pre-game, Wilson and Barnes look made for each other. I reckon Wilson will get close to 20 goals again this season if he stays fit.

Managers really should be using in-game subs more aggressively now and we have the depth in attack to do it. Isak doesn’t have to conserve energy knowing that we have Wilson to come on for 30 min+ of elite striker play if necessary, same goes for Gordon, Barnes, Joelinton etc.

We’ll have a lot of rotation between games with the CL and all, but tactical rotation mid-game could be just as beneficial.

Just now, oldtype said:

Managers really should be using in-game subs more aggressively now and we have the depth in attack to do it. Isak doesn’t have to conserve energy knowing that we have Wilson to come on for 30 min+ of elite striker play if necessary, same goes for Gordon, Barnes, Joelinton etc.

We’ll have a lot of rotation between games with the CL and all, but tactical rotation mid-game could be just as beneficial.

Yeah, Howe said as much, especially with the game going 10-15 minutes longer with the new rules in play. You need a good bench and today was the strongest I've seen in years.

16 minutes ago, alexf said:

Gonna score a boat load. I think we are actually the perfect team to get the best out of him. It's gonna be such a great weapon for us to have against anyone that plays a high line. 

It's almost like we actually target players that are suited to the way we play :lol: