Harvey Barnes

khay

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, I reckon the reason he didn’t release it sooner is he’s so used to shooting himself there and I think he was weighing up the whole time whether to go himself or release it even though he knew releasing it was the right move 

Wouldn’t be surprised if Howe’s been on him about how you have to keep the ball moving in Newcastle’s system and it’s been messing with his head :lol:

I can see why some people may consider Barnes boring but when you look at his goal involvements today he's just efficient, beautiful in it's simplicity.

First goal took a bullet pass in one touch out of his feet allowing him to play a perfectly weighted pass to lay a goal on a plate for Wilson.

Second goal he gets the ball 40 yards out, in 2 touches he's at the 6 yard box never needing to break stride and ensuring that he's able to get a clean strike away that has enough power that even a touch from the keeper can't keep out.

I think if you put ASM in those scenarios at least one would result in a missed opportunity. That's the evolution of the side in a nutshell, we don't need a winger to create something out of nothing anymore, the team creates now, we just need someone to get in the right positions and make it count when they do.

Did anyone have a morsel of doubt about him finishing that chance today? Clinical as fuck, should get a bagful this season with the creative talent behind him. Some sensational competition in that position, cos Gordon was brilliant too.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Did anyone have a morsel of doubt about him finishing that chance today? Clinical as fuck, should get a bagful this season with the creative talent behind him. Some sensational competition in that position, cos Gordon was brilliant too.

I was debating in my head whether he would put it in the near or far post. Had zero doubt it was going in though. 

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

As soon as the pass was played, before he even took a touch to control it, I thought "goal".

28 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Haven’t seen it back but still annoyed he didn’t do it when Wilson had his saved.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Poor form as an archer through, he lets go of the handle of the bow, and not the string.

Agreed! Thought the topless guy had better technique myself.

I think eventually he’ll be starting on the left with Gordon on the right in place of wor Miggy. 

It won’t be soon but if Miggy drops form that’s what’ll be done I reckon. Hopefully it keeps him firing and running his ass off. 

1 hour ago, jackflap said:

I can see why some people may consider Barnes boring but when you look at his goal involvements today he's just efficient, beautiful in it's simplicity.

First goal took a bullet pass in one touch out of his feet allowing him to play a perfectly weighted pass to lay a goal on a plate for Wilson.

Second goal he gets the ball 40 yards out, in 2 touches he's at the 6 yard box never needing to break stride and ensuring that he's able to get a clean strike away that has enough power that even a touch from the keeper can't keep out.

I think if you put ASM in those scenarios at least one would result in a missed opportunity. That's the evolution of the side in a nutshell, we don't need a winger to create something out of nothing anymore, the team creates now, we just need someone to get in the right positions and make it count when they do.

Nothing boring about him at all!

Was exciting every time he got in behind with his runs. Love his movement off the ball.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly, I can’t understand why Villa signed him.  He was powderpuff every time I saw Leicester last season.  Leicester were one of those sides you get every so often where they go down but have some really good players.  Tielemans wasn’t one of them. 

Relaxed when I saw him coming on at half time.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I was glad he got that chance tbh.

Went against his instincts with the second chance for Wilson and paid the price. 

Hooper: Mr. Vaughn, what we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a scoring machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is run and shoot and make little passes, and that's all.

3 hours ago, NE28 said:

Really seems like the complete opposite of what ASM offered. Could easily see him getting 10+ goals this season 

Don’t think there’s a chance he scores less than ten goals if he stays injury-free, would imagine he’s scoring 15+

4 hours ago, Disco said:

Unfortunate he’s got a proper East Mids accent. A proper nowt of a place that’s only plus point it isn’t actively detrimental to society like Essex or Kent. 

I'm from Kent you cheeky shit :lol: