Harvey Barnes

khay

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Had no doubt whatsoever he would score, finishes so naturally. 

It was a lovely first touch to tee the ball up as well. Love owt like that me.

"Well done Harv, nice to ease you back into it for half hour or so after being out for so many months" 

"Thanks gaffer, it feels good to be back, it'll be nice to get back into it slowly over the next couple of weeks"

"You're playing 95 minutes next Saturday, make sure you're ready for that".

it's not that he's so good, rather the impact he can have off the bench especially and ability to rotate forwards 

also top 6 is merely 3 points better off and in Europe is a draw at home to Milan

Edited by Ginola14

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

it's not that he's so good, rather the impact he can have off the bench especially and ability to rotate forwards 

Midfield has been a trouble for months. Doubt Barnes would have saved our season if he was fit the last half year like..

Yeah hoping we can ease him back bit by bit and not now flog him every week due to more injuries (Gordon).

Lessons have to be learnt and protect the long term now at short term expense if necessary.
His finishing has been such a big miss all season. 

Someone said we'd be top 6 and still in Europe if he'd stayed fit and I don't disagree. Even discounting for his goals and assists, just the ability to not have to flog Gordon and Almiron into the ground for so long would have been huge. He's going to be a big player for us. Sort of hope we could get him and Gordon into the team together even if they're interchangeable left & right wingers throughout games. 

He's another numbers guy ain't he. While Miggy and Murphy seem to run around loads and seem involved.... Barnes just knows where the onion bag is. 

15 hours ago, 1964 said:

Comes on 80th minute, first kick and his foot flies into the Gallowgate 

Would have been an honour to walk away with Barnes’ foot. 

He didn’t look like he was easing himself back in at all so give that the toe injury was a bit of a freak injury in a way I’m really hopeful that he’ll be able to get back up to speed quickly 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Would have been an honour to walk away with Barnes’ foot. 

He didn’t look like he was easing himself back in at all so give that the toe injury was a bit of a freak injury in a way I’m really hopeful that he’ll be able to get back up to speed quickly 

@Shearergol said he’s been ready for a couple of weeks now. I reckon he will start next week.

7 minutes ago, duo said:

Botman for me but he is up there

Maybe I’m being harsh. But Botman returning hasn’t quite had the effect I was hoping for. Doesn’t seem as dominant as I remember and whilst he’s never been fast. He now looks like our slowest defender a lot of the time.  

Maybe it’s Pope after all? The defence not being able to play that bit higher and closer to the midfield is what’s made us so disjointed and open with massive gaps all over?

That and the 17 other injuries we’ve had :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Maybe I’m being harsh. But Botman returning hasn’t quite had the effect I was hoping for. Doesn’t seem as dominant as I remember and whilst he’s never been fast. He now looks like our slowest defender a lot of the time.  

Maybe it’s Pope after all? The defence not being able to play that bit higher and closer to the midfield is what’s made us so disjointed and open with massive gaps all over?

That and the 17 other injuries we’ve had :lol: 

Yeah Botman seemed loads better before his injury.

Yeah said in another post yesterday I've noticed since coming back that Botman seems miles off it. Actually wondering if we miss Lascelles now because  Botman never seems to get close to blocks or tackles. He seemed more like last year's version in the villa game as he was pressing high and trying to nick the ball. But if I was watching him post injury only...I wouldn't be seeing a highly rated top level defender, I would have to say he looks fairly bang average and not in the irreplaceable bracket with Isak and Bruno anymore.