Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

Should have gotten Maddison instead of Barnes.
Gordon was a stupid buy and wont amount to anything.
We missed the boat with Tielemans.
We overpaid massivly for Isak.
Tonali is just another Italian how will crumble with the pace of the Premier league, he doesn't even want to be here.

Incredible start and result. Was very nervous going into the game due to Villa’s quality but that is a statement victory.

I’m not sure if Tielemans disrupted the equilibrium of Villa’s team, however our midfield just devoured them second half. Tonali was imperious.

Barnes is an absolute game changer for us, he is a machine drifting in out wide. 

Brilliant night.

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Incredible start and result. Was very nervous going into the game due to Villa’s quality but that is a statement victory.

I’m not sure if Tielemans disrupted the equilibrium of Villa’s team, however our midfield just devoured them second half. Tonali was imperious.

Barnes is an absolute game changer for us, he is a machine drifting in out wide. 

Brilliant night.

Tielemans is absolute drek mind.  Looked garbage at Leicester last season - still can’t understand why so many rave about him. 

3 minutes ago, sturla said:

Should have gotten Maddison instead of Barnes.
Gordon was a stupid buy and wont amount to anything.
We missed the boat with Tielemans.
We overpaid massivly for Isak.
Tonali is just another Italian how will crumble with the pace of the Premier league, he doesn't even want to be here.

:lol:

Brilliant match and team performance. Great goals and cracking for Sandro and Barnes to get their first on their debuts.

Really could have been 8, with those other chance for Sandro, Isak and Wilson.

Unfortunate for Mings as that looked a bad one, and Martinez I felt was lucky to stay on and only be booked. I know its the rules, that Miggy was't bearing down on goal, but surely if its the keeper is that far adrift and blatantly takes a player out, it still has to be a 'professional foul'?

8 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Brilliant night.

Lamar’s was absolutely blowing out his arse midway through the second half, they were done after that Cash miss. Heads dropped all over and pretty unprofessional stuff. Konsa and Digne were absolutely hideous throughout too. 

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

Martinez I felt was lucky to stay on and only be booked.

Laughing at the ref as he booked him n all. 

18 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

That's one of those games that you remember for a long, long time. The atmosphere, Tonali's debut, Barnes getting a goal on his debut as well, the ole's, the fact that we absolutely embarrassed them with all the recent history, Emery, etc. What a fucking game man. 

Genuinely the best game I’ve seen live. The whole thing, atmosphere, performance was immense.

Almost didn’t see it mind as there were season ticket holders in my seat claiming that they hadn’t sold their ticket on. Was all a bit weird. Steward turfed them out so don’t really know what happened there. 

More from Villatalk:

"First up congratulations to Newcastle, I thought they were excellent, they defend well, they're organised, they have strength, they press really well and they have talented players at the sharp end who can score goals. 

I thought we were poor and sloppy in places, but I think 5-1 is still flattering - they won the game in big moments - injuries, mistakes, close offside calls, penalty decisions and some really sloppy finishing from us - but overall, if you look at the stats on the game, we really weren't far off them, in general play we were right in the game, we just ruined that by sloppy moments and the silly offside law.

The last twenty minutes are what we'll remember, and we were shambolic in that period, but considering we were off it, we could well still have been level at half time and if Cash had put his chance away we might still have come back from 3-1.

The positives would for me be Diaby, who looks like a superstar in the making and Pau Torres coming on and looking okay and Coutinho with another nice cameo, it might be time for him to start a game. "

6 minutes ago, McDog said:

From Villatalk:

"The window is open, Monchi needs to get busy as we have had our trousers pulled down today and we have nothing to respond to this. "

I hopped on there briefly.  Lots of waffle about how ‘of course we got beat, they’ve spent billions’.

They’ve spent nowt, of course. 

37 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Tonalis only yellow was when he was dawdling off the pitch when being subbed

I really didn't care for that. Game was won and was taking an ovation on debut. Would it kill the arseholes just to had 30second on for the sub or stop the clock instead of, once again, killing a moment.

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Lamar’s was absolutely blowing out his arse midway through the second half, they were done after that Cash miss. Heads dropped all over and pretty unprofessional stuff. Konsa and Digne were absolutely hideous throughout too. 

Laughing at the ref as he booked him n all. 

Digne has always looked hopeless as a defender, even at Everton. 

Pau Torres has a turn of pace like Chris Wood.

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Reckon the grey haired fella with the geps in the top left is blind ?

If so, experiencing a game like that but in audio only must be wild 

IMG-3757.webp

His pal describing it next to him. Great picture.

Must have been class during the Ashley era, mind.