Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

Tell me more, was it something he said?

Been seen walking the streets of Manchester in a dressing gown this morning muttering the Joelinton song to himself, allegedly.

7 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

Tell me more, was it something he said?

Well I think Pep wanted this game on Sunday to give us more time because City are in Greece on Wednesday. He also knows Newcastle are a dangerous team with Wilson, Isak, Bruno in midfield, new boy Tonali, you have a brilliant team and you finished 3rd, plus you have all week to prepare for this game.

10 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Well I think Pep wanted this game on Sunday to give us more time because City are in Greece on Wednesday. He also knows Newcastle are a dangerous team with Wilson, Isak, Bruno in midfield, new boy Tonali, you have a brilliant team and you finished 3rd, plus you have all week to prepare for this game.

4th, just saying.

10 minutes ago, Heron said:

I actually think this is the last game Pep would have wanted next weekend. Arsenal and Man United included. We are intense.

Aye, we don't have to play Man City next week...

They HAVE TO PLAY US.

SolidOblongCamel-max-1mb.gif

Although city won easily 3-0 they just didn't look as daunting a prospect as usual, also take away Haalands most prolific provider and we have the best chance we've had in ages...

We looked awesome yesterday and if we play with the same intensity and concentration we can really send a message out!!!

HAAAWAAAY!!!!:rant:

2 hours ago, Heron said:

I actually think this is the last game Pep would have wanted next weekend. Arsenal and Man United included. We are intense.

No one would want us up next after yesterday. I thought these were untouchable a week ago, now not so sure. Gundogan will be a big miss, and we might just run them down.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The problem is that we thrive on organised chaos and our general intensity. City suck that out of the game, they're just superb at what they do.

Its time to break it then. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Inevitable defeat because that's just what happens in this fixture. Keep the score down and move onto games that mean a thing.

I don't think it's a given. They certainly didn't blow Burnley away.  City always take a while to get going and we're mint.

Edited by duo

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Although city won easily 3-0 they just didn't look as daunting a prospect as usual, also take away Haalands most prolific provider and we have the best chance we've had in ages...

We looked awesome yesterday and if we play with the same intensity and concentration we can really send a message out!!!

HAAAWAAAY!!!!:rant:

Aye but Haaland looked like a machine on Friday, two touches, two goals. Still can’t see anything other than a Man City win, but I’m more hopeful that we’ll give a better account of ourselves than we have in recent years.

9 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Brave and unlucky defeat. Feels like a last minute sickener job. 

I think now, any loss is taken away and used positively for us. 

At one point it would have been dwelled on and not used to improve us, Howe will have a plan in place pre and post game regardless of result.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

No one would want us up next after yesterday. I thought these were untouchable a week ago, now not so sure. Gundogan will be a big miss, and we might just run them down.

I feel I really kinda under sold us when discussing our upcoming season to my mates yesterday. Mind, I wasn't alone. We were sublime yesterday, with more quality capable of coming off the bench this season and playing our most difficult game of the season so early it just makes you wonder how far we can go. I just hope the CL isn't much of a distraction. As daft as it sounds, getting into the CL again has to be the priority again this time out. We need to build our revenue streams to enable us to consolidate our position then we'll kick on and win things from there...hopefully.

Edited by Heron

Feel confident in our attacking play, I think the problems any side face is how do they defend against City, even last season at home with a two goal lead they just peg sides back, and you know it's coming.

The hardest part will be keeping any points, we definitely have enough to hurt them, but I'm not sure we have what's needed to retain any advantage we may get, but it's the same for a lot of sides who go there.