Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Theregulars said:

Free hit, let’s have a go. I maintain that we were unlucky at their place last year.

Agree completely.  I fancy our midfield against any in Europe and especially Man City weakened there.

They’ve lost Gundogan and potentially De Bruyne too while we’ve added Tonali.  Eddie will have the lads ready to take it to them.

Unchanged. Agree on it's a free hit - let's fucking have a go at them. They're human and lost a few players recently.

Rather draw here though and smash the scousers at home - pay back to Klopp for all his whining.

The video of the Liverpool fans giving our team shit coming off last year should be on repeat pre-game on every screen in St James.

Hope we make it fucking intense and uncomfortable for that lot.

19 hours ago, nemtizz said:

Can't remember the last time we scored there let alone got a result. Aarons and Moussa 0-2 in the cup?

Jacob Murphy when he dinked Ederson in our first season back in the PL under Benitez. Lost 3-1. Previous to that was Mitrovic in a game in which we were much the better side first half, took the lead, had a wrongly disallowed goal that would've put us 0-2 up yet we proceeded to cave in and lose 6-1. :lol:

Last time we got a result in the league there was November 2006, a 0-0 draw. We've never won in the league at the Etihad and have beaten Man City away only once in the PL, in September 2000. Before I was born. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Jacob Murphy when he dinked Ederson in our first season back in the PL under Benitez. Lost 3-1. Previous to that was Mitrovic in a game in which we were much the better side first half, took the lead, had a wrongly disallowed goal that would've put us 0-2 up yet we proceeded to cave in and lose 6-1. :lol:

Last time we got a result in the league there was November 2006, a 0-0 draw. We've never won in the league at the Etihad and have beaten Man City away only once in the PL, in September 2000. Before I was born. :lol:

A was at that game in 2006. My third ever away trip, aged 15.

I am now 32 years old. What a shit record we have there. 

The Villa win does alot to ease the nerves going into this one and there's a couple of other things that have got me slightly more confident of coming away with something.

De Bruyne being out is great news and seems like Walker is doubtful also. The fact they have the Super Cup Final 3 days before is also in outlr favour, and not because they don't have a huge squad to cope with it it's mostly just because Pep will rotate and tinker with his team, and when he does that they are (occasionally) worse off for it.

The amazing thing is, we will go to the best domestic team in the world and have a go, Howe has built our squad to play in games like this, if we get beat then we just go again the next week.

Klopp wound me up yesterday but I realise it's because he's rattled, he'll probably try and upset us now and buy Bruno, but fuck him I couldn't be happier supporting my team just now, win lose or draw.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

The amazing thing is, we will go to the best domestic team in the world and have a go, Howe has built our squad to play in games like this, if we get beat then we just go again the next week.

Klopp wound me up yesterday but I realise it's because he's rattled, he'll probably try and upset us now and buy Bruno, but fuck him I couldn't be happier supporting my team just now, win lose or draw.

This :indi: (But the wins are pretty mint like)

This could be like last season's match at SJP and I can see another 3 -3 but won't be surprised if Newcastle win and put a marker down for the season. Isak's going to get more game time and Gordon is playing better than last year (though still as much of a d*ck.)  Fact is I can't get too worked up about Saturday's result or the whole season. I turned 60 when City's money first came in, at which time we'd won nowt since the League Cup in '76. I told my brother I wanted to see us win just one more thing, Cup or League, and I could shuffle off content. They did that and a few weeks back beat the rags at Wembley and won the C.L.,  it doesn't get better. Waiting for the flight back from Istanbul  I told the brother I've seen what I wanted, so it'll be ok if the League send us back to the Third Division as punishment for our "sins" (or success.) Could be Newcastle fans will be feeling similarly jaded/smug/content ten years from now, enjoy it if it happens. Better you than any of the red shirts anyway. 

Going for an away win for us.

Pep not happy having to play into Thursday morning in Greece next week against Sevilla,

before being expected to play Newcastle on Saturday. He has also lost Kevin De Bruyne after another hamstring injury,

And Kyle Walker is now a doubt after Zaroury (yellow card upgraded to red after VAR intervention.

HWTL :celb: