Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

46 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

FPL rumours are often the first place where you'll hear about team news long before anywhere else.

Trippier has Schar starting in his team and Longstaff has Isak starting in his, along with himself (Longstaff) on the bench. So make of that what you will but that sounds like an unchanged team to me.

Also, Fabians Schar has Gordon starting in his team, so I'd say that's fairly conclusive.

:lol: they play FPL? how do you know this?

2 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

Quick question, if I restart my BT sports subscription (on the Roku app) will I be able to watch this tomorrow night? 

I've just bought a Roku firestick and have restarted my BT sports subscription and it works good, not sure about the app but I presume so?

You can also watch BT Sports on Discovery+ this season.

Edited by Alberto2005

4 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I've just bought a Roku firestick and have restarted my BT sports subscription and it works good, not sure about the app but I presume so?

You can also watch BT Sports on Discovery+ this season.

Cheers wasn’t sure if you needed to purchase Discovery+ as well

27 minutes ago, Big River said:

:lol: they play FPL? how do you know this?

I follow a few FPL guys on Twitter and they have numerous lists relating to player owned FPL teams and they keep an eye on them because they are a good source of early team news. 

This is what the Newcastle players did just before the deadline tonight.

Screenshot_20230818_214421_Facebook.thumb.jpg.117d8cb1994226b6b6d335184eed9cf2.jpg

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

I follow a few FPL guys on Twitter and they have numerous lists relating to player owned FPL teams and they keep an eye on them because they are a good source of early team news. 

Screenshot_20230818_214421_Facebook.thumb.jpg.117d8cb1994226b6b6d335184eed9cf2.jpg

They will regret that tomorrow night 😂

50 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

I feel like having yourself on your own FPL team is a bit whack. Like, it can't be good for your confidence to bench yourself right?

I know he's not fit right now but in general can you imagine going into a tough away game and being like, "nah I don't fancy me mate" and benching yourself?

I mean that would be a hell of a thing to do, if you just thought "nahh, probably going to lose this week so I'll take myself out the team" but I reckon most of the team players will have themselves in the starting 11 unless they know for a fact they aren't going to actually be starring their game/or won't get alot of minutes.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

They will regret that tomorrow night 😂

Trippier is a big FPL player so I wouldn't be shocked if he's spoken to the players that play it and mentioned this is how they should go about it. Burnley did basically the exact opposite of this last week against City. Let's be honest it shouldn't make any difference but maybe even if it subconsciously helps the tiniest bit then it's worth taking Haaland, Grealish etc out of your team when you play against them.

Pep:

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Guardiola has a long history of criticising the Premier League over match scheduling, believing City are often given too little time to recover from their matches in Europe. But he praised his team for constantly overcoming obstacles. "This is the challenge. This is why we won. Because we overcome all the time this kind of position. All the time we have less time to recover between the games, not a problem," he added. "One of the more physical teams, one of the more efficient teams in the Premier League right now, I would say are Liverpool and Newcastle. This is what defines the big teams, how we compete with the problems."

2 hours ago, Sky Blue said:

Good player, poor manager, and a bit of a tw*t.   When the final whistle went in the CL final in Istanbul other commentators punched the air in relief but Pearce had a face like his dog had died.  You can claim him as a new fan but see item 3 above.

Hardly nothing new about it.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

That’s a team full of confidence :cool:

Gordon to open to the scoring, then Miggy adding another on the counter attack. Barnes off the bench with his standard clinical finish then Haaland with a Kane esque meaningless consolation. 3-1 Eddie's Mags

5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

They’re all benching Haaland? I like their confidence.  Guess he’s not scoring then.

8 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Either our players have knowledge that Haaland won't play, or they are supremely confident and being able to keep out the best striker in the world :lol: