Lewis Hall

Paully

Imagine the overload Howe can get the team doing with Hall as the icing on the cake when attacking. Not just a LB that gives width but on that can dribble and play, come inside and overload from the central positions as well. Also being a very good passer and crosser off the ball. I'm excited and i really hope this one goes through. He can go wide with Barnes more inside the oppositions RB and RCb running through the channels.

Edited by Ikon

I know we’re all on a different planet with how well the club are doing at the minute, but the future with all these players including players from our youth system is looking ridiculously good…!

Don’t think any of us saw this coming with all the shit we’ve went through over the last two/three decades. Really looking forward to the game on Saturday. Something else I never thought I’d be saying.  

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Deal seems close, can't imagine we'd be that far along now if they had no intention of selling him to us. They sold Havertz to Arsenal and Kovacic to City, don't see why they wouldn't give us Lewis Hall. It's probably only us who can stump up the cash for him as well and they're getting pretty close to being desperate to needing to sell some players.

Mount to Man Utd too.

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Imagine selling Miley for £30m to balance the books, we'd be livid. Was bad enough for ASM.

We would be ofcourse yes, but how livid would we be if selling Miley was preceded by the signing of 25 of the worlds best young footballers in the space of 2 transfer windows.

Edited by Mazzy

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

We would be ofcourse yes, but how livid would we be if selling Miley was preceded by the signing of 25 of the worlds best young footballers.

Very. It would soften the blow, just like selling ASM would apparently  open up 3 transfers, however, for me, football is about developing players from the academy and having local lads playing for the club they love. Nothing beats it. 

I know Youtube literally shows the best bits to a player, but the natural talent on show at 18 is frightening. Couple that with Eddie's coaching, a squad full of good characters and a fanbase who will love him and we're looking at a bargain for £30m.

Yet again, recruitment spot on. Barely put a foot wrong since they came in.

We've got Ashworth doing a Brighton on steroids job on us + there is no need for us to sell on our stars that Eddie develops.

The future is so bright & exciting, lets enjoy every moment.

His physical style is a really good sign for me too. Even though he's young he's very strong, and the way he moves is quite compact, he's not forcing it. 

His balance is excellent as well and running with ball seems to be very natural to him.  

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Fair play to 🍕 Rob as he called our interest a while back.

I said Hall way before Rob even linked us with him - was so impressed by him last season and knew Chelsea had too many LBs on the books 

Instinct is that it's been a terrific window if this comes off. Wary to give it a rating before we've seen how the squad copes with the rigours of a four-competition season (particularly concerned about how much football Lascelles is likely to play), but you'd have to be a serious pessimist not to feel encouraged, especially after Tonali and Barnes' debuts, not to mention Gordon's newsigningitis. 

Crucially we've not lost anyone important, either, which we seem to take for granted a bit these days, after years of assuming that was always likely.