Lewis Hall

Paully

18 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

If we had a 20-20 crystal ball, then you might have a point. No Willock, no Barnes, no Targett, no Tonali, Joelinton , Longstaff, Wilson, Murphy, Burn, and Isak in and out. I’ve no doubt missed absentees. We have by far the most ‘missed days’ and the third best XG in the league. Still made a decent fist of navigating the group of F and tough domestic cup draws. Not much wrong all things considered. 

Probably missed the most critical one in Pope. Been why our defence has been sitting deeper and giving opposition No10’s all that space to operate in

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Still not particularly concerned about this. He was signed because he was available on a loan to buy, it's not like we'd have bought anyone else instead.

We'll be committing cash in the summer, but with a full pre-season behind him, I'd expect to see significantly more of him next season.

You don’t reckon that Trippier will start most games and Burn on the other side along with Tino when he isn’t playing RB?  30m is something I would use to strengthen the first 11 as a massive priority. Unless Howe thinks Hall will be more or less 1st choice. We also have Targett who seems more trusted atm (before his injury). No idea if we have to sign Hall now or what the deal is.  We have too many positions that need strengthening so I would not like us to spend 30m unless he’s certainly going to be a regular. In this case we might as well have gone for Barco for less than 10m. He is very well known and highly rated. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

You don’t reckon that Trippier will start most games and Burn on the other side along with Tino when he isn’t playing RB?  30m is something I would use to strengthen the first 11 as a massive priority. Unless Howe thinks Hall will be more or less 1st choice. We also have Targett who seems more trusted atm (before his injury). No idea if we have to sign Hall now or what the deal is.  We have too many positions that need strengthening so I would not like us to spend 30m unless he’s certainly going to be a regular. 

Think the likes of Targett, Lascelles and Krafth will be moved on this summer as a way of freeing up FFP funds, which will see his path to first team minute look less contested. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar renaissance for this lad as we've seen for Gordon this year. It takes time for many to get up to speed with Howe's system

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Think the likes of Targett, Lascelles and Krafth will be moved on this summer as a way of freeing up FFP funds, which will see his path to first team minute look less contested. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar renaissance for this lad as we've seen for Gordon this year. It takes time for many to get up to speed with Howe's system

Aye hopefully. He just doesn’t seem like a Howe type of LB really. Fingers crossed that it works out if we sign him which seems likely. I’m hoping that Hall is the sign of us becoming slightly more possession based and look to control games more and better going forward. For this we need more technical players. Intensity is good but we can’t rely on that only so I think we need to find a better balance to evolve and get to the next level. This extreme intensity isn’t sustainable, especially when in Europe. We need to be able keep hold of the ball better to control and “rest”. Especially be able to control the possession much better once we recover the ball in our defensive third. Nowadays the opposition comes back straight away with the ball and we have to defend again. 

As the situation with ffp is now, we must not spend a single penny on him. All money must go to quality and to players who will play. Talents can come in 2 rounds (At least expensive)

What was the rumoured criteria for buying him? 450 minutes or something? 

Seems pointless even getting to that number. If Ritchie, who can’t even sprint now is seen as a better option most weeks. With Hall getting 5-10 minutes at most or an unused sub every week. 

Absolutely mental fee if we are close to our FFP ceiling. Not at the stage yet where we can be spending that sort of money on someone that might come good in a few years. That sort of dough should be getting us a first team ready player. Who we (Howe) will start in games and give decent minutes to.  

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Then Chelsea used that FFP buffer to sign their new talisman.  Great idea. 

We can question the logic behind bringing in a player on an eventual big fee for 3-4 years into the future when we had a demanding schedule this season and weakness in that lads specific position.   

we didnt have a crystal ball and we had tonali

52 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

One of the weirdest transfers in history, up there with Nacho Gonzalez and Facundo Fereyra.

come on man. even you dont believe that shite.

i'm sure they were both favours for agents and nothing more.

It's a different role to Miley and we have had options in our lb area so been more competition for places but fuck me the lad getting next to no game time either we are very principled in our approach or we have wasted a fair chunk of the summer money. 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

What was the rumoured criteria for buying him? 450 minutes or something? 

Seems pointless even getting to that number. If Ritchie, who can’t even sprint now is seen as a better option most weeks. With Hall getting 5-10 minutes at most or an unused sub every week. 

Absolutely mental fee if we are close to our FFP ceiling. Not at the stage yet where we can be spending that sort of money on someone that might come good in a few years. That sort of dough should be getting us a first team ready player. Who we (Howe) will start in games and give decent minutes to.  

Ben Jacobs thinks it's based on our final league position, with some Chelsea journos/ITKs claiming we only need to stay up.

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Btw I don’t think Eddie really wanted Livra or Hall. Which explains some of the trepidation about playing them.  No prof of course. Just my read.  

Livramento looks like he will be elite imo, has absolutely everything in abundance and is so young, would be mental if this is why Howe took an age to introduce them.... But who knows! 

1 minute ago, janpawel said:

Livramento looks like he will be elite imo, has absolutely everything in abundance and is so young, would be mental if this is why Howe took an age to introduce them.... But who knows! 

If you compare Livermento to Hall. You have a gulf in class.

Livermento is Trips permanent replacement.

On 14/01/2024 at 17:59, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

If you compare Livermento to Hall. You have a gulf in class.

Livermento is Trips permanent replacement.

Liveramento should arguably replace Trippier now tbh

13 minutes ago, TRC said:

Might aswell start him every game, nothing to play for now.

Play the fucker in CM, I don't think there's that many other options.