Lewis Hall

Paully

I don't think we could have done any better than this TBH, whether it works out is a different question for me.

Unless we were going down the route of multiple £60m players in one window. 

Admittedly Hall and Livramento both carry a risk, but they'd be in the best place to develop. 

25 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Absolutely mental he was born in 2004 like. Can't remember why but I was wiki'ing Les Ferdinand the other day and he's 60 in 4 years time man. 60.

Haris Vuckic is 31

He should still be our promising youngster 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't think we could have done any better than this TBH, whether it works out is a different question for me.

Yep, fair comment. It's 10/10 for effort, which is all we've ever wanted. 

I imagine Hall will be a bit like a defensive version of Anderson for us this season - played in multiple positions to suit circumstance/opposition to help his development. We know Howe loves a settled defence so I feel Burn stays as first choice as long as the unit looks strong.

Eddie seems to like an English signing. 

We could field and entire 11 of English players and still have a pretty impressive line up and not some shitty Burnley EDL types, actual exciting highly rated talents.

Happy with this. A high fee for a youngster but I guess the "par" for transfers have changed dramatically. If players like Hall, Tino and Botman carry on improving we will have a basis for a settled defence for years. So the possibly inflated fees we are paying now could seem like bargains in years to come. 

9 minutes ago, alexf said:

Eddie seems to like an English signing. 

We could field and entire 11 of English players and still have a pretty impressive line up and not some shitty Burnley EDL types, actual exciting highly rated talents.

He has a knack for getting the best out of them and culturally the English football mindset fits his system. Hard yards, high energy, high intensity and dynamic in transition.

If English talent is being overlooked or being made available, then let's snap them up. They fit well with what Eddie does.

This must be exciting for you guys. If he signed just one quality Naija player ... man I'd be on cloud 9.

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

His preferred position is midfield apparently. Which is the only thing that bothers me about this transfer. Hopefully this is something that has been discussed behind the scenes.

He is gonna be the fake midfielder after Trippier retires.