Lewis Hall

Paully

Really impressed with the Hall signing. Potential future England player. The fewm from the Chelsea fans is also pretty sweet.

We've done very well at not only adding quality to first team and squad depth, we have got a great amount of longevity for some of these players given their age.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If he’s half as good as we believe we won’t be selling him anywhere. 

Dumb question but something like a sell on fee would only apply to the period covered by the contract he initially signs here?

I assume you can’t just sign a new deal immediately to invalidate a clause but when say the five years period of his initial deal is up that the sell on doesn’t apply anymore? 

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

If he’s half as good as we believe we won’t be selling him anywhere. 

Dumb question but something like a sell on fee would only apply to the period covered by the contract he initially signs here?

I assume you can’t just sign a new deal immediately to invalidate a clause but when say the five years period of his initial deal is up that the sell on doesn’t apply anymore? 

Different for every player/contract as far as I'm aware. Some sell on clauses can follow players through multiple clubs while others will only last a set period of time. We may never know what the details are.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Different for every player/contract as far as I'm aware. Some sell on clauses can follow players through multiple clubs while others will only last a set period of time. We may never know what the details are.

Fair enough I’m just thinking it would be difficult to enforce once the initial deal period is complete. 

Sort of just feels Chelsea are trying to make it slightly cheaper if they ever want to try and get him back.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I wonder if he's fell out with the club, as not heard him asking any questions at the press conferences this season. I presume he hasn't been in attendance. 

He’s been in Oz for the women’s World Cup. 

9 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Fair enough I’m just thinking it would be difficult to enforce once the initial deal period is complete. 

Sort of just feels Chelsea are trying to make it slightly cheaper if they ever want to try and get him back.

They could have put a clause in and stated that it must remain valid regardless of any new contracts between the player and club. 

Aye no one sells a 18 year old without a sell on clause regardless of who you are selling and for how much. 

Buy back bit different but the player would want to have to return anyways. 

When was the last buyback clause that actually got activated (at least a high profile one)? Seems pretty rare. Hopefully it's for an extortionate amount. Regardless I don't doubt should he get bought back one day we'll just sign someone else. I think everyone has this Ashley era anxiety about losing players as if it's the old days when a sale meant no players for a position for 2 seasons

Just now, Tiresias said:

When was the last buyback clause that actually got activated (at least a high profile one)? Seems pretty rare. Hopefully it's for an extortionate amount. Regardless I don't doubt should he get bought back one day we'll just sign someone else. I think everyone has this Ashley era anxiety about losing players as if it's the old days when a sale meant no players for a position for 2 seasons

I wouldn’t worry. A buyback has only been reporting by some random on twatter.