Lewis Hall

Paully

That might be the most shy player I've ever seen sign for us. [emoji38]

I mean he looks and sounds every bit 16 never mind 18.....

However, judging by his highlights he's an absolute baller and plays like an adult.

I find the "first day" videos intriguing. You learn so much about the person. Little bits like Gordon being quite confident and outgoing or Tonali being quite reserved, Bruno was straight into charm mode IIRC.

You can kind of see everything about the person in those moments.

In Hall, you can clearly see a young kid.

Edited by STM

From the behind the scenes vid, i just love how Tripps always seems to be there to welcome players, such an outstanding player and person to have in our dressing room and team.

Edited by Bimpy474

Finally listened to his interview - he comes across as nowhere near as nervous and clueless as some made out. Think I've perfected the art of totally zoning out when our interviewer speaks, which probably helped.

He spoke well and seemed pretty sincere, just very professional with it. Already coming out with a handful of Eddieisms, about good and not so good times last season etc.

I truly believe that Hall can take Burns spot already this season. Rotation will be a thing, and they are probably quite different tactically. But overall I really believe that Hall is already a better left back than Burn. Don't mean to hate on Burn, Hall just looks like the real deal.

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I truly believe that Hall can take Burns spot already this season. Rotation will be a thing, and they are probably quite different tactically. But overall I really believe that Hall is already a better left back than Burn. Don't mean to hate on Burn, Hall just looks like the real deal.

You might be right, but there’s quite a lot of tactical discipline to take on if you were going to take the Burn role. 

Howe’s spoken before about Burn kind of making a back three when Trippier goes forward. 

Not saying Hall can’t do that, or that we’d even play the same with him in the side, but I think you have to expect it to take a little while for him to truly understand how he has to perform tactically.

That’s without taking into account Burn’s intangible leadership qualities.

Just now, SteV said:

You might be right, but there’s quite a lot of tactical discipline to take on if you were going to take the Burn role. 

Howe’s spoken before about Burn kind of making a back three when Trippier goes forward. 

Not saying Hall can’t do that, or that we’d even play the same with him in the side, but I think you have to expect it to take a little while for him to truly understand how he has to perform tactically.

That’s without taking into account Burn’s intangible leadership qualities.

Hall has said that he can play centre back too, though.  Obviously not particularly tall though

Prediction for the season, Burn turns in some solid performances, Hall struggles to get a look in save for late sub appearances. Hall plays in some European / PL games during heavy fixture periods and plays really well. He also plays in the cup games and looks good. Burn’s season starts to taper off and many all screaming for Hall to get in the team ahead of Burn. Towards the end of the season he usurps Burn and is our starting LB for the final couple of months 

16 hours ago, Mountain said:

Lewis Hall's dad is the proudest man in the world right now, what a wonderful moment for him. He also seems like a proper geezer. nuff sed.

His dad is a man of simple pleasures. He doesn’t need lovely houses, beautiful women and classy restaurants. So it’s a good job he moved to Slough!

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

Hall played at full-back, centre-back, left-midfield and in the middle during his time in Chelsea's youth system and admits he relishes being used further forward whenever possible. “If I’m honest, I prefer playing in the middle of the pitch," Hall told reporters after a Man of the Match performance against Manchester City last season. 

"I feel like that’s where I can be most effective whether as a pivot or as an eight [but] I’ve played left side quite a lot. I like to have that versatility so when the manager picks a team there’s different positions that you can be selected for."

Versatile too. Prefers playing in the middle! 

Looking forward to seeing him develop 

Eddie saying in his press conference Lewis can play as a number 6, 8, left wing, left wing-back and centre-half. 
the number 6 role may prove to be useful, particularly is we’re playing 3 at the back, but otherwise that left-back slot remains the biggest priority to fill. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo