Lewis Hall

Paully

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not sure it’s clear at all tbh.

Keeping an eye out for whenever relegation is mathematically impossible, personally.

2 minutes ago, buzz said:

I like the academy signing fraud theory personally

All would be forgiven if it were true :laugh:

I think we could be trying to shaft Chelsea, if he doesn’t meet the signing criteria they would have to remove the £32m they put against their books, which in all likelihood would see them fail FFP, spurs pulled out of the Gallagher signing at the last minute possibly for the same reason, as they will get him for £40m instead of £60m in June knowing that Chelsea have to sell before June 31st 

There's obviously a reason he's getting no minutes, it's either agreed he has to play so much to trigger the sale or there is something which will benefit FFP (fuck knows what). IF however he does sign for the reported fee with no criteria involved, then it's truly bizarre the minutes he's getting and it will be annoying that we're forking out so much for a player that the manager doesn't want 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is there any truth in that a player has to play in 37% of games to be considered a first team asset on the balance sheet?

I don't think so, but does anyone have more detail on what the claim is?

Wouldn't it mean we could wipe off Tonali etc? Wouldn't it have to apply across the length of the player's first contract, not just their first season? Surely Hall's first season with us would be next season seeing as he's currently still a Chelsea employee on loan? It doesn't make sense.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Is there any truth in that a player has to play in 37% of games to be considered a first team asset on the balance sheet?

No, it has come from a misunderstanding of a tweet someone made suggesting what they thought would be an improvement to FFP.

On 02/03/2024 at 13:58, SUPERTOON said:

This may well be rubbish but thought I’d post it anyways 

I'm a bit confused here. The Premier League has a requirement to have a certain number of 'homegrown' players in the first team squad, but they don't have to be 'academy' players.

On the other hand there seems to be UEFA requirement for there to be 4 Academy players in the first team squad. Does that only apply to UEFA competitions (eg Champions League etc)

Edited by Cronky

9 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I'm a bit confused here. The Premier League has a requirement to have a certain number of 'homegrown' players in the first team squad, but they don't have to be 'academy' players.

On the other hand there seems to be UEFA requirement for there to be 4 Academy players in the first team squad. Does that only apply to UEFA competitions?

Aye. The UEFA squad rules have more boxes to tick, for sure.

There was talk on one podcast that he was possibly homesick. Anyone heard anything on that front? Would find it a little surprising with his parents situation etc.

Whatever the situation is it is clear its not as straightforward as it first appeared so maybe there is a loophole we are trying to exploit.

42 minutes ago, LFEE said:

There was talk on one podcast that he was possibly homesick. Anyone heard anything on that front? Would find it a little surprising with his parents situation etc.

Whatever the situation is it is clear its not as straightforward as it first appeared so maybe there is a loophole we are trying to exploit.

For all his parents are from up here he wasn't brought up here. His own personal roots are Reading way I think.

Could his lack of playing time be that although they see a very good footballer in there they're just unsure where he fits in at the minute. He'd seemed a jack of all trades at Chelsea and he's still a kid, many haven't got "their" role or position at that age.

Edited by madras

40 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Think there could be something in this, aye. 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently Eddie enjoys telling him he'll play, then on match day laughs at him down the phone.

He's definitely telling Hall he would have started this weekend but it's the loan contracts fault he isn't playing.

Even if we are exploiting some loophole, its a unbelievably shitty thing to do with a kid who's got loads of potential and needs to play. Shameful from the club if we really are using him as a pawn in some petty FFP-attack.

There has to be more to it, I don't think Eddie would agree to the above.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

Even if we are exploiting some loophole, its a unbelievably shitty thing to do with a kid who's got loads of potential and needs to play. Shameful from the club if we really are using him as a pawn in some petty FFP-attack.

There has to be more to it, I don't think Eddie would agree to the above.

I also think he's genuinely 4th choice LB.

One thing I've learnt about Eddie. If he genuinely thought Hall would benefit he first team. Hall would be playing. I think Hall is missing out on 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there but not substantial minutes imo.

It’s not necessarily the minutes he’s missing out on, it’s the in game situations that you can’t get from training. Literally not even getting that from PL2. 

Do think for us long term if we keep him, he’s possibly better suited for the CDM role. At the moment, Bruno has it on lockdown like Rodri has at Man City, but think with a tactical tweak next season there would be more opportunity in that position. 

2 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

It’s not necessarily the minutes he’s missing out on, it’s the in game situations that you can’t get from training. Literally not even getting that from PL2. 

Do think for us long term if we keep him, he’s possibly better suited for the CDM role. At the moment, Bruno has it on lockdown like Rodri has at Man City, but think with a tactical tweak next season there would be more opportunity in that position. 

You're literally describing the minutes of top-level experience he's not getting.