Lewis Hall

Paully

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Even IF he doesn’t start at LB then I would much rather play him than Longstaff in the centre. 

Again, as someone said with Anderson, has Hall any record of playing to the right ?

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Even IF he doesn’t start at LB then I would much rather play him than Longstaff in the centre. 

Actually has the ability to receive the ball cleanly, find a yard and play a progressive pass. Longstaff can do those as long as he isn’t under any pressure. Unfortunately in the premier league you rarely get much time on the ball without pressure

Many were writing the lad off because he'd get 5 minutes of run in a couple of blowouts. Should've been bedded in in the midst of the crisis.

Will be interesting to see how Eddie handles him for the next 10.

Whilst he probably won't displace Burn in the starting 11, because it just won't happen, he absolutely should be getting regular minutes now.

Just now, Upthemags said:

Many were writing the lad off because he'd get 5 minutes of run in a couple of blowouts. Should've been bedded in in the midst of the crisis.

Will be interesting to see how Eddie handles him for the next 10.

We already know the answer to that. He will be an unused sub unless both Burn and Tino get injured.

14 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I have liked him from the get go. The performance at Dortmund wasn't that bad was it? He has to play.

It was bad, but it was 45min away against a top european team.

5 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

He seemed a bit quicker today than I’ve seen previously. Some of his passing is very good and he’ll get a number of assists if he gets games.

He's  a bit like Miley, the on the ball stuff is very good, the off the ball stuff (which is most of the game) needs a lot if work both in and out of possession.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Hopefully the start of more cameos. 

Calls to start the next game are likely a little premature, even if we need burn to get a break. Ease Hall in like this a bit more imo.

How do we ease him in like this? Basically only play him when we’re 2+ behind in league games? Can’t see him coming on if we’re one ahead. 

Unless we’re 3+ ahead in a game, I’d be surprised if we see him feature meaningfully in the league. For some reason or another, it’s been set his minutes and it’s a case of wait till next season to see what happens.

The fist time he received the ball you could see his quality. Let’s give him some games, nothing to lose if he is signing either way 

1 hour ago, madras said:

He's  a bit like Miley, the on the ball stuff is very good, the off the ball stuff (which is most of the game) needs a lot if work both in and out of possession.

Great point this.

32 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

How do we ease him in like this? Basically only play him when we’re 2+ behind in league games? Can’t see him coming on if we’re one ahead. 

Unless we’re 3+ ahead in a game, I’d be surprised if we see him feature meaningfully in the league. For some reason or another, it’s been set his minutes and it’s a case of wait till next season to see what happens.

I think this is exactly why he hasn't featured much to date. I'd like to think if we'd been 2/3 goals on up on more occasions this season, he'd have featured much more and, with every positive cameo, played his way closer to a start. Sadly, those situations have been few and far between; with results being more precarious, Howe's stuck to what he knows (which I understand). 

Disappointing to not see him feature more given the fee but I'm also not overly concerned - confident that Howe rates him and we'll see much more of him next season. A full pre-season under Howe will do him wonders. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

100% and Eddie probably gave him more minutes today because, apart from the game effectively being up, the way Man City were playing there wasn’t a huge amount of ‘defending’ to be done.

Whilst it’s obvious he has potentially massive quality as an offensive LB (I think his passing range could become Trippier-esque), it’s not hard to assume, even with the limited minutes we’ve seen from him, that he’s way behind Burn in the defensive aspect.

As Eddie said recently, patience…

2 hours ago, Parsley said:

I think this is exactly why he hasn't featured much to date. I'd like to think if we'd been 2/3 goals on up on more occasions this season, he'd have featured much more and, with every positive cameo, played his way closer to a start. Sadly, those situations have been few and far between; with results being more precarious, Howe's stuck to what he knows (which I understand). 

Disappointing to not see him feature more given the fee but I'm also not overly concerned - confident that Howe rates him and we'll see much more of him next season. A full pre-season under Howe will do him wonders. 

I have absolutely zero confidence on Howe when it comes to the usage of Hall, tbh

2 hours ago, OverThere said:

Makes no sense that we would play a 17 year old for entire games but Hall no minutes at all.

Kinda had no alternatives to Miley

Plus Miley really impressed when he played

I think there’s such little evidence of his out of play work that it’s almost impossible to draw any conclusions as a fan. However, I’d be astonished if he’d be getting skinned to the degree that Burn has been getting because he is more mobile. Obviously he’d be nowhere near as good on aerial duels 

It’s irrelevant anyway because even with Burn in the team, we are shipping goals so we may as well continue to ship goals and have someone offer more in an attacking sense. 

13 hours ago, Parsley said:

I just don’t think we would’ve in fairness. Got 9 minutes when was 8-0 up against Sheff Utd, didn’t come on against Palace even at 4-0 (had more options on bench), then it was 6 mins against 10 men Fulham at 3-0. 

Hard to impress in limited minutes like that when rest of the team is in energy saving mode and opposition are just sat off with a slow tempo.

296 mins in an injury ravaged season is mad. Been handled like a proper development player, but he’s a £30m development player :D