Lewis Hall

Paully

It’s one game, and the first one of the season. Where most were poor when we were in possession. Couldn’t get any fluidity going anywhere basically. 

He will be good in games where we're dominant and he can get up the pitch. He has a lot to learn defensively, and in games where we're up against it you'll see this kind of performance a lot. 

Think he was alright but the three lost possessions in the second half were really bad, he has to realise it's not the time for daft flicks when we've had a man sent off.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Absolutely not. He's a young lad, learning his craft. He needs to play through his mistakes.

Yep, bad game for him but first one and he should improve

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Absolutely not. He's a young lad, learning his craft. He needs to play through his mistakes.

Agree with this 100%.

Painful today, a turnstile and forever out of possession, losing possession - but have to play through the pain to improve.

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I know mate, he’s fine 

It was a tough game for him but it should be a good learning experience, it was good that their manager took off the japaneese wing back because he was giving him a hard time, he did save our day with that goal line clearance.

I have a feeling he could be starting for England soon, just needs to do less stupid shit like trying a back heel near our box when we are 10 men down and under pressure :lol:

About as bad as the day could have gone for his first choice LB credentials, that :lol:

Looked fairly shaky early, then the red meant we sat back which he's not great at. Then Kelly came on and was very solid.

It's important to remember he's only 19, still far from the finished article.

He might grow into a really accomplished LB or he could end up as a CM that can also to shift to LB.

I don't really see the harm in having two very different options at LB in him and Kelly, though. Gives us some great options to change it up during games.

Didn't think he was very poor. But it was mixed at best. He was involved in a number of positives, but yeah as others have said, it wasn't a good advertisement for him today - errors in possession and struggled one on one.

Still see playing him as much more progressive than Burn (who was great in his proper position today). Far rather we have mistakes made there through inexperience that can be learned from, rather than a lack of agility that can never be fixed. 

That all said, Kelly looked a lot more assured there when he came on. Couldn't argue with him being first choice for us.

We're aiming high this season so I don't think banking on playing through mistakes quite cuts it. Part of his education should be learning about standards required too and working things out on the training pitch.

I absolutely love his type of player for a FB and think he'll have a fantastic career here, but I expect he'll have a streaky campaign. He's only a baby.

Kelly is excellent competition for him imo, if he stays fit consistently.

He'll targeted for awhile. Better now against Bounemouth,  Forest, Wolves than later against sides with real quality.  

He'll do alright, and offer much more going forward than we had with Burn