Manchester City 1-0 Newcastle United (19/08/23)

Yorkie

I might be on the minority here, but it feels like Bruno is getting a rough reception on here. He was everywhere, constantly showing for the ball, recycling possession and arguably the only midfielder trying to make something happen.

Tonali certainly didn't hide or do much wrong, but I thought Bruno had a good game.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I might be on the minority here, but it feels like Bruno is getting a rough reception on here. He was everywhere, constantly showing for the ball, recycling possession and arguably the only midfielder trying to make something happen.

Tonali certainly didn't hide or do much wrong, but I thought Bruno had a good game.

Agree, I actually thought he was good. 

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Pep making no subs again is funny, especially after the Wednesday game.

He'll be bitching about too many games and it's danger to players in December/ January :lol:

Made the fewst subs last season as well I think.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

He’s definitely taking a bit of undue stick so far this season. 

Feel, with benefit of hindsight, it would have been better to start with Wilson and Barnes and bring Isak and Gordon on to stretch them when they were evidently tired. I know it wouldn’t have played out the same way, but would have backed Isak running through the middle (instead of Wilson) for that opportunity late on. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think my main complaint is that I really didn't think Man City were all that good :lol:

They didn't dazzle with attacking brilliance, but their organisation when out of posession was elite

We lack players that can receive the ball between the lines, keep it and progress it. Man City are ridden with them. Isak can do it, Bruno can do it and probably Tonali can do it. But only them, hence why all of our attacks go via wide areas.

Given we're probably done for the window that'll be sorted next summer with getting a top RW. And that's okay, but it is an issue we need sorting.

Frustrating as always at the Etihad but in a different way to years gone by. Just like Wilson kicking fresh air when he was poised to score last year, this year he made an arse of that 3-on-1 situation we had and Bruno caught a free attempt at goal with his studs like a Sunday morning player. There's something about the Etihad where our players seem to fall to pieces in front of goal every time we create something, it's so irritating.

Almiron worked hard tonight as always but his lack of quality was massively exposed. That run behind the offside line just before he went off was absolutely brain dead. Shame Murphy wasn't available cos I'd have had him on after an hour, his directness would have been useful.

Feel like we generally defended well against Haaland. Foden is the new Ozil in that he'll turn up against us twice every year but do little else of consequence in most games, the little fuck. The goal I thought Joelinton looked leggy and was slow to get back, and there was too big a gap for him to hit the shit through. Bit annoying cos they didn't really have anything else clear cut.

Anderson looked bright when he came on, he deserves to be in serious contention for Liverpool.

Good to have this one out of the way and if that performance gives us the confidence to beat that whinging German cunt next week then I'll gladly accept tonight. There's not a team I want to beat more this season than Liverpool.

Just now, LV said:

We have high demands, as he’s a great player. I think it’s fair to say he’s not been his usual self in the first two games this season.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Some did the same last week, when he was more than fine. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

I think we all just have such high expectations of him that when he doesn’t quite click, e.g. that shit shot against his international team mate, or the heavy pass, or dispossession, it clouds the rest of his generally solid game.