AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

Just now, oldtype said:

Burn’s a good player and a lovely human being, but unsurprising that the “have a center back play as makeshift full back in a champions league side” idea was not a permanent solution to our left back position.

I understand why we play this way but I’m lot overly keen personally. He’s meant to provide more solidity because our midfield shape means we lack it. 

Dan fucking Burn. Don't know how much patience Howe has left with him but i have lost mine. Whoever has a go at those criticising Burn need to be honest with themselves, are you truly happy with how he is playing us into danger numerous times?

Not entirely sure what we’ve been trying to do tactically but it seems to work to a point and then someone makes a poor decision. Hard to attack when they’re so quick on the break I guess. 

Would’ve taken 0-0 at the break 45 mins ago so can’t grumble too much. 

2 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

The Dan Burn weekly back and forth is getting tiresome now lol. I mean we've been playing a central defender as full-back for over a year now and its quite clear now what his limitations (or in other words, near total non-contribution) to our attacking is.

Don't get me wrong, love the lad but he's a central defender man. That position is something we really need to improve on, its a shame Targett has not come back to previous form after return from injury.

Yeah it’s painfully obvious we need another option at left back. Targett is seemingly struggling to make his mark again which is a shame. I think we’ll see Hall gradually get more time and maybe even start a bit second half of the season.