AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

It's slightly annoying that some people seem to get annoyed with those of us who think we should be playing a bit better than this. Milan is a good side, of course, but we have no organization in midfield, no link between lines, no thrust up front, and we look well off the pace when they counter. Irrespective of the scoreline, the performance has been lacking. 

Just now, Aiston said:

We probably should be 5-0 down to be fair :lol:

We absolutely don't like, they've had some half chances and one clear cut chance, and have obviously been the better, but it's not been that bad.

We’re not playing with any freedom and look a little afraid to make a mistake. We’ve been 2nd to balls we should be winning and hesitancy has caused a few misplaced passes and offsides. Step it up and we can win this. We look far too happy to keep it at 0-0.

Dont understand the love and hype for Gordon.. Think especially defensivly he is really bad, his positional and pressing play is very bad, when pressing he leaves his man open (instead of closing down covering his man), and he often leaves Burn alone which leaves us to have one off the central midfielders to help Burn out, which leaves us unbalanced.. he is much better offensive than he was last season, but he was really shite last season.. atm I wish that we didnt sell ASM… i really hope Gordon proves me wrong this season..

I would take off our wingers for Almiron and Wilson, play Isak on the wing. 

I think we've looked very measured and controlled and not remotely overcome with nerves or anything like that. They're just very dangerous on the break and are exploiting our annoyingly flat-footed midfield out of possession. 

Fully believe we can get something out of this. 

Just now, 54 said:

We absolutely don't like, they've had some half chances and one clear cut chance, and have obviously been the better, but it's not been that bad.

I opened my phone after the whistle thinking "that wasn't so bad, bit of luck and we could get something here". Come on here and it's all doom, never change N-O :lol:

Imagine Isak defending Chukwueze

Just now, Begbie said:

Dont understand the love and hype for Gordon.. Think especially defensivly he is really bad, his positional and pressing play is very bad, when pressing he leaves his man open (instead of closing down covering his man), and he often leaves Burn alone which leaves us to have one off the central midfielders to help Burn out, which leaves us unbalanced.. he is much better offensive than he was last season, but he was really shite last season.. atm I wish that we didnt sell ASM… i really hope Gordon proves me wrong this season..

I would take off our wingers for Almiron and Wilson, play Isak on the wing. 

1 minute ago, Memphis said:

It's slightly annoying that some people seem to get annoyed with those of us who think we should be playing a bit better than this. Milan is a good side, of course, but we have no organization in midfield, no link between lines, no thrust up front, and we look well off the pace when they counter. Irrespective of the scoreline, the performance has been lacking. 

I said before the game I didn't like us being over confident, simply based on the football we've played in recent matches.