Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United (24/09/23)

Disco

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We scored 8 goals and shut them out. 

This is incredibly difficult to achieve no matter the level of opposition.

I give the Newcastle team all the credit. Thought they took full advantage and didn't let up.

I agree.  We took full advantage of an awful team. We were relentless. All the more impressive considering the midweek exertions.  

But they were terrible. 

Love reading through opposition match threads with hindsight...

"Howe won’t manage them next season. The Brighton manager is their next conquest. I feel if they lose to us, he has 2 more games before De Zerbi gets poached for life changing millions.

Think Hecky could tactically outsmart Howe, so let’s see what happens."

[emoji38]

That was a hard watch, well apart from seeing Basham crying inside, especially since he was one of their worst players.

They're not here to compete, simply here to take the money and give it another shot next season. Feel sorry for their manager who'll be bounced after this, and really, he carries little blame.

1 minute ago, Keefaz said:

Game turned on a blatant handball

No it didn't. Plus, should have been a penalty on the Gordon tackle. Do you really think that complete asskicking was turned on a handball? It was 0-8. 

41 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, not having the 'they were so bad' stuff.

We broke their spirit out there. Made it difficult for them to play and then also passed around them too.

Class performance. Scoring 8 and not conceding in anyone's stadium is nuts.

Honestly mate I thought they were terrible. Their keeper was flapping about all over the place.They were leaving gaps everywhere, no communication, no organisation, and by the end they had no fight. It’s the worst tactical performance I’ve seen, I said as such at half time and was thinking this around the half hour mark.

8 minutes ago, Keefaz said:

Game turned on a blatant handball

To be a handball it has to be deliberate. If a player scores with their hand or immediately after it handling the ball, even if accidental, a goal shouldn't be given but if another player scores the handball has to be deliberate for it to be ruled out.

It hit his hand accentually and he didn't gain any advantage, in fact it almost took the ball out of play.

The game actually turned on the injury to Barnes (no criticism of Barnes).

Edited by Jackie Broon

Make no mistake, they were fucking awful. I think they are the worst PL side I've ever seen us play.

Thankfully, they've helped us turn a bad start to the season, into a decent one......

And we've got fixtures against Liverpool, City and Brighton out of the way.